Tips for a Newbie

jgage2080

New to Cold Calling. I am cold calling for P&C. What are some common new guy mistakes that I should avoid?
Any tips for getting started fast?
Any tips in general?

Get yourself a list of xdates to call from, really helps to have a long list to get into a groove. What state are you in? By P&C do you mean business, personal or something else?

New to Cold Calling. I am cold calling for P&C. What are some common new guy mistakes that I should avoid?
Any tips for getting started fast?
Any tips in general?

Get a list, a power dialer and some coffee. Salesdialers is very good, they even add a CRM with their dialers. Josh from affordablemarketinglist.com is the man. I must say he's been nothing but helpful and very honest with me. His lists are very accurate as well.

I don't mind the rejection so to me cold calling isn't so much difficult but more boring. I think this is why it sucks.

I also highly recommend a power dialer. Dialing each number one by one isn't as productive as using a power dialer. The power dialer allows you to cover 80 or so numbers an hour while hand dialing is maybe 20-30.

Start with the basics: a dialer, a list targeting your product target demographic, call during peak hours and have a decent script. Your script will morph over time into a better script and you'll also hone your sales skills quicker as well. Just my two cents...

Get yourself a list of xdates to call from, really helps to have a long list to get into a groove. What state are you in? By P&C do you mean business, personal or something else?

I am in Missouri. What x-date list company would you recommend? Auto, home and life.

Start with the basics: a dialer, a list targeting your product target demographic, call during peak hours and have a decent script. Your script will morph over time into a better script and you'll also hone your sales skills quicker as well. Just my two cents...

Where would you recommend for a good script?

Back