Tips to buy a Life Insurance Policy. What is the average price of life insurance ?

CPA Journal, The: Life insurance: Dispelling illusions

"There are numerous issues to be reviewed and resolved while shopping for life insurance before making an intelligent purchase. Who is best equipped to review the alternatives? Who can explain the differences between illustrations from the same company for the same policy form, same premium amount, and same amount of coverage? What about tax issues?

The most informed responses to the questions above will not be obtained from the typical mail-in response or 800 number, nor will they come from the Internet, the relative, the banker, the stockbroker, the fee-only planner, or even the CPA. The most knowledgeable responses will come from well-qualified life insurance professionals with years of hands-on experience and professional credentials: the chartered life underwriter (CLU) or chartered financial consultant (ChFC). Many such advisors will also possess other advanced credentials, such as an MBA, JD, or CPA. Many have also created strategic partnerships with CPAs, bankers, and property and casualty firms.

These insurance professionals will be members of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors as well as the Society of Financial Service Professionals, just as lawyers will belong to their state and local bar associations and accountants to the AICPA and state societies. The more sophisticated insurance advisors will be members of the local Estate Planning Council and will provide satisfied client references. Going with a newer agent is a less risky choice if working jointly with a more seasoned professional.

A final word on agents, brokers, and advisors. The truly professional insurance advisor may have a primary company or relationship, but should not represent just one carrier. Today's advisor must have relationships with multiple companies and access to a wide variety of products. A single purchase may comprise a variety of products from several companies. The carriers should have solid financial ratings and a long-term commitment to the life insurance industry and its products.

A professional insurance advisor does not just sell a policy. Bringing their personal experience to bear, they advise and counsel, they review policy forms, options, costs, benefits, structures, tax implications, and nonfinancial considerations as they relate to the prospective purchaser, both at the time of purchase and in the future."

As far as I know AIG's life insurance company was just fine. AIG is a company made up of many companies. Their mortgage division was in the sh itter, the life was fine with reserves a plenty. The problem was the mortgage division couldn't rob the life for assets. Or am I mistaken?

Re: Tips to buy a Life Insurance Policy. What is the average price of life insurance

This thread was started by a spammer.

At last someone figured out what these articles from baxwhatever are. Of course it's a spam. It's a copy/paste from somewhere and used to get a link to their page. Check his other posts - no discussions, no answers to the questions, just starting the threads...
Pathetic that some of you still take him seriously and trying to discuss what he wrote...

Re: Tips to buy a Life Insurance Policy. What is the average pric

Follow the original post -- right after buying max E&O and locating a good attorney.

A few thoughts:

NAIC Model Code and every state DOI Code strictly prohibits calling life insurance an "investment". Period. Great way to get a hefty fine, or loose your license.

Would anybody be effected financially if you died? And, do you care?

All life insurance is the same thing, just with a different payment plan. Do you want an increasing payment plan, a fixed-level payment plan, or a flexible payment plan?

Do you want the lowest starting cost, or the lowest total cost?

If Term is your conclusion -- do you want a quality Term policy, or a stripped-out Term policy?

Who should control the business relationship -- you, or the insurance company?

If permanent -- who should own the money -- you, or the insurance company?

If permanent -- how will you get the money back?

Do you want all the tax benefits associated with life insurance, or not?

"The life insurance industry believes, and trains its agents to believe, that you're going to die tomorrow -- and that somebody else needs the money.

On the other hand...

I believe you are probably going to die of old age, and that you just want to live better in the meantime -- while still taking care of your beneficiaries."

atlantainsguy

At last someone figured out what these articles from baxwhatever are. Of course it's a spam. It's a copy/paste from somewhere and used to get a link to their page. Check his other posts - no discussions, no answers to the questions, just starting the threads...
Pathetic that some of you still take him seriously and trying to discuss what he wrote...

I've been in the business several years and have sold or currently sell everything...up to annuities, just starting med supps now but i am very leary from some of the posts. Is there a way to review a persons previous posts. Seems like so many don't do anything but bitch, fight, and spam. I would like to be able to see a persons previous posts before I take their advice.

I would like to know why bhartiaxa has deleted all his post's.....

I've been in the business several years and have sold or currently sell everything...up to annuities, just starting med supps now but i am very leary from some of the posts. Is there a way to review a persons previous posts. Seems like so many don't do anything but bitch, fight, and spam. I would like to be able to see a persons previous posts before I take their advice.

You just click on their name and then select "see all posts by" from the drop down choices.

i want to be successful in life insurance field. plz share some good tips with me of selling life insurance polices.

i want to be successful in life insurance field. plz share some good tips with me of selling life insurance polices.

Read through a bunch of the posts on here and that can get you started, but I'd avoid bumping old posts like this.

This is truly one of the very important thread to discuss upon. This is a tough job to understand that what should be the exact insurance amount and what kind of insurance we need to opt. At the same time its a big issue to find a good insurance broker. But i think if we can put all these things keeping in mind, hope it'll be very helpfull and beneficial to all of us.

Back