Tips to Determine what Year(s) Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Roof Updated?

Most likely you have to guess. Plywood often has the year stamped on the bottom, so for a roof you can probably tell by lookin in the garage ceiling. Wiring is almost impossible to know, you can guess based on clues. Look for permits, look for the type of outlets, but ultimately it is a lot of guess work. If it is a new purchase, look at the inspection. The average person moves every 5 to 7 years and has a home claim every 7 to 10 years. So, if the home is 50 years old, built in the 1970s. Figure it has had a substantial amount of turnover and work done to it.

Here in South Louisiana it's a hard market this year so I am not replacing much (from existing owners) but picking up a lot of new home purchase business from referrals. On the initial call I gather the personal info I need then ask them to reply to my email with a copy of their inspection report before I will provide a quote. I emphasize that I am only going to quote carriers that will bind/issue with certainty and if they want a teaser quote that will cause problems later they are talking to the wrong guy...

Modern homes and offices are increasingly well-insulated, heated, and ventilated. These improvements make a big difference to our quality of life. The same things keep us warm and keep electronics cool: since the 1970s, window coverings have become known for their ability to reduce energy consumption by more than 50 percent in buildings that have them. Due to their modest cost, intelligent windows are also proving popular with both homeowners and tenants. I think that also regarding this subject you can read about the prices here Should I fix my energy prices? - Simply Switch. This article helped me to understand better all these things.

Last edited:
Back