To Website or Not to Website for Direct Mail

Tscholar

Super Genius
I'm trying to decide if I really need a website listed on my generic direct mail postcard for Medicare. I haven't had that much traffic anyway. What do you think, how important is the website?

I'm trying to decide if I really need a website listed on my generic direct mail postcard for Medicare. I haven't had that much traffic anyway. What do you think, how important is the website?
If your website converts really well it might work. But normally any website address or phone number on a direct mail card will lower response rates. I’m talking about blind mail lead type of mailers. If you are sending mail that has your name and address, etc. then yes you do want your website and phone number on those.

FYI. Just had a person enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan through me because he "checked out my website." I have a 5-page website which allows me to give details on my family, charity work, youth sports organizations and social clubs.

If your website converts really well it might work. But normally any website address or phone number on a direct mail card will lower response rates. I’m talking about blind mail lead type of mailers. If you are sending mail that has your name and address, etc. then yes you do want your website and phone number on those.
Usually a Website is a one line reference to learn more about the Company / Agt.

WHY would that lower Conversion Rates...Any Logic to this???

:confused:

In my experience, a website can only help. You don't need to put it on the mailers people will find it anyway. I had a website last year and it helped with my mailers. People would get my mail, but instead of going to the mailbox and returning the mail, they'd google my agency name and visit my website to reach out to me. I had a bad experience with my website vendor so I am currently looking to get that set up before I buy more mailers.

Because with BRC mailers, all you want is for them to fill in thier info and drop it in the mail!

Everyone can do it their own way. I personally liked adding a QR (quick response) code to my mailers. It looks like a bar code. I was not sure if people would understand but it worked well enough. I received more hits on my QR code than mailers via mail the one time I purchased a campaign.

Back