Too late to sign up to sell MA MAPD in 2018?

mahdlokg

Expert
Texas
I'm going to get 100% into Medicare starting now. Med Supps are great but I want to be able to take care of MAPD clients also. I know I can take the AHIP now, but not sure if MA companies are offering any classes now in 2018?

I'm going to get 100% into Medicare starting now. Med Supps are great but I want to be able to take care of MAPD clients also. I know I can take the AHIP now, but not sure if MA companies are offering any classes now in 2018?
Most of them you can do online. If you haven't contracted you should still be able to get certified.

I just remember a couple of years ago, I tried signing up late and Humana wasn't offering classes any longer. But things change.

Getting certified for MA is easy. How do you plan on soliciting business, both Med Supps and MA?

Rick
I'm open to any suggestions. The usual. DM, TM, working into a strong web presence. Willing to build this up over the next year or so. I also have a policyholder base.

I just remember a couple of years ago, I tried signing up late and Humana wasn't offering classes any longer. But things change.

Humana's the only major MAPD carrier I had to do an initial classroom training after completing all the online certifications. They might offer an online version now.

I'm open to any suggestions. The usual. DM, TM, working into a strong web presence. Willing to build this up over the next year or so. I also have a policyholder base.

I think you should have some idea of how you want to prospect before jumping in anywhere.

I'm sure you realize you can't TM for MA. DM can work but it's expensive. And it's great to say a "strong web presence" but can you do this yourself?

Rick

Back