Tool for Keyword Searches

You can also use Google Insights for Search, Google Trends, Wordtracker, SEO Book keyword tool, SEMrush's keyword tool and Good Keywords. Some that I mentioned are free but some are paid.

Google keyword tool should suffice for a beginner or an advanced web designer. Just keep in mind you aren't the only person using it and the keywords with 100k+ monthly views are getting every expensive.

Find a niche with more specific keywords in relation to you, your location, etc

Best of luck

best tool by far is market samurai
but another great tool i have used is secockpit
If you cant affford these then use google traffic tool but remember to select exact match

SEObook and market samurai are great tools even though they are paid but if you want to find keywords for free, other than Google keyword tool, Google Insights, and Google Trends, you can find good keywords from your competitors. Just analyze your competitor's pages, META tags, homepage, products and services, and many more.

I second the Market Samurai Recommendation. YOu can get it on discount if you email the Market Dojo people, and it's well worth it if you put some time into it.

While it's a bit of a computer hog, it aggregates and organizes a lot of information that Google Keyword Tool gives you so its easier to make decision. It also has a ranking tool so you can track and see how your website ranks for each keyword. I love it.

Back