Transamerica Med Supp - Yes/No?

Its the same crapola they all pull. Build a huge book with low rates, then 3 years later, close the book and the sick people are stuck and the rates go way up.

When I looked at the comment that revived this thread and was trying to remember back over my experience, I was reminded of your post that went something like you are free to choose the low price, you are just not allowed to complain later!

TPL is a new entrant to the Medicare market. Unless things have changed, TA (parent) caters to consulting houses and direct writers. They do not use brokers.

TPL is available to brokers.

Todd,

Because of my "camp follower's" posts, I just want to tell you that I was not trolling with my post.

I had forgotten this until I looked just now, but in KS there are 2 Transamerica companies selling Medigap policies. The outlier low price one is Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company.

Rick is always saying "Ask an agent". In this particular case, I did seek out an individual whom I thought was an experienced and knowledgeable Medicare Supplement agent and ask. The information I gave above is what he told me. I had/have no way of knowing if what he said was/is true-all I could do was rely on his experience and judgement.

(if this is an important enough issue that you need some verification of what I've said, PM me.)

LD

Don't get me wrong here. That agent was only guessing, as many of us do when we are in that position. All we can do is to go by our experiences. He was only giving you the experiences that he has had and going with the higher percentage projection. I'm not saying he shouldn't have told you that as I would have probably said the same. All I'm trying to say is that we, as agents, never really know what is going to happen until rates are raised and disclosed to us.

Its the same crapola they all pull. Build a huge book with low rates, then 3 years later, close the book and the sick people are stuck and the rates go way up.

Given a current thread about them stopping in Sept 2020, that appears to be a pretty insightful comment.

Back