Travel Medical Coverage

Strategy101

Expert
Hello everyone,

If I want to sell travel medical coverage to someone who resides outside of the US for their 3 month stay in the US, what are some good carriers for this?
...More importantly how does state licensing work in this scenario? Does it matter what state I am licensed in?

Please forgive me if this is a silly question but I am very new to life/health insurance

Thanks

IMglobal.com is who I send people to.
State rules I'm unaware, but if you have a contract with carrier, I don't think state licensing matters, but I could be wrong. Haven't sold one in years.

IMglobal.com is who I send people to.
State rules I'm unaware, but if you have a contract with carrier, I don't think state licensing matters, but I could be wrong. Haven't sold one in years.
Thanks. Good info. I'll look into it

Like Yagents, haven't sold many international travel plans lately. Good year is when I sell 2.

Have not used IMG in at least 5 years, maybe longer. I did write a handful of foreign nationals with them several years ago. They were (still are?) using a SL carrier. That allows you to write anyone, anywhere on the planet.

Most of the plans agents would use are from US based carriers. You can only write US citizens and green card holders.

Unless you are writing a bunch of it you won't get rich. In the situation cited by the OP a 3 month travel medical plan might pay out $150 in commission. Could be less than that.

IMG used to pay less than anyone. Flat 10%.

Back