Trulicity help

ValeRosso

Guru
Have a prospect who was put on Trulicity for her type 2 several months ago, and raves about it. Doesn’t want anything other than this drug. She said she pays around $40 per month for the Rx on an Aetna HMO. This checks out as I did a drug comparison for her 2022 plan.

After running the drug through Aetna for 2023 for the same plan, the initial cost will be $47, but jump to $79 in May, then $239 June -Dec for the coverage gap. So I’m thinking she didn’t reach the gap in 2022 so everything was fine and dandy, but she got sticker shock when I showed her the estimated price for each month after May.

She is just over the extra help income. Checked on GoodRx and it jumps to $386 per Rx. Canadian Pharmacy $285.

Is there anything else I can possibly do here? Or it is what it is?

Thank you in advance :)

That’s it. Unless another company has it in the insulin savings program. But I don’t think it is

ValeRosso said:

Ah, sorry I forgot to mention she is in PA. It looks like they have a similar program as we do.

Yes, we have PACE/PACENET here. Great program, but I wish they'd increase the income guidelines again like NJ just did for PAAD.

ValeRosso said:

Ah, sorry I forgot to mention she is in PA. It looks like they have a similar program as we do.

Yes, we have PACE/PACENET here. Great program, but I wish they'd increase the income guidelines again like NJ just did for PAAD.

So PACE/NET works with MAPD too right? And they just have to pay the premium for the program every month to get the discounted Rx? She wouldn’t qualify for PACE so it would be PACENET.

I am not yet in Medicare and have private insurance. I've been on Trulicity for years and pay $25 per Quarter for the drug. MFR has discount programs available to the patient through physician

I am not yet in Medicare and have private insurance. I've been on Trulicity for years and pay $25 per Quarter for the drug. MFR has discount programs available to the patient through physician

thank you for this

Back