UHC 2 rates on CSG?

I'll repost that I did say: I see your point in that it would have been nice if LEAN had "blocked" you from writing it.

I'll also agree, that if the app was approved, but the agent not allowed to write it, it looks bad on the part of UHC -- they should have shown the app as "declined due to un-auth agent" and notified the agent to write it under UHC, not UHICA.

But I'm not sure if they are allowed to do that or not (decline app for that reason) -- how can a carrier approve an app signed by a non-appointed agent? That's really above my pay grade - maybe they are required to do so because it's not the applicant's fault.

Exactly! Or like most carriers would do, just reach out to the agent. Happens all the time when you're not allowed to sell a product or don't have the proper certification or training. Just seems VERY convenient for them to issue the policy, mark it as "Paid" to the agent, then explain after that you were indeed paid $0, and the policy is already in force.

UHC told my agent that he could have the clients cancel their policies, and re-write them on a more expensive plans. Who is going to ask their clients to pay more, so they can get paid? All around a mess.

Carriers are required to process enrollment forms/applications that are valid from a consumer perspective even if the Agent is not properly authorized/appointed. I believe that is a DoI/NAIC rule.

Look for significant changes to this situation soon. Can't give details at this time, but this is a situation that will present less difficulty in the near future.

Carriers are required to process enrollment forms/applications that are valid from a consumer perspective even if the Agent is not properly authorized/appointed. I believe that is a DoI/NAIC rule.

Look for significant changes to this situation soon. Can't give details at this time, but this is a situation that will present less difficulty in the near future.

Very true. I kind of forgot about that part of it!

Back