UHC 2 rates on CSG?

"Yes it was there but I called upline apparently I was not invited, I could have wrote it, However I would not have been paid

Though there is no indication in lean I would not be paid

They are petitioning for it now"

Just noticed I wasn't paid for writing a UHICA plan, because I wasn't "authorized." The customer service rep said "Unfortunately, LEAN was not updated in a way that would prevent them from showing up to non authorized agents until recently."

Seems very unethical of UHC to allow agents to write something they aren't going to get paid on. If we weren't authorized, we shouldn't have been able to submit apps that were issued. I know I'm not the only agent that was short changed here.

Who is petitioning it? To get agents paid, or to allow everyone to write it?

Seems very unethical of UHC to allow agents to write something they aren't going to get paid on. If we weren't authorized, we shouldn't have been able to submit apps that were issued.

Um... no.

There are tons of products that agents can write but they aren't certified and won't get paid.

An agent can write a LTC app but not take the required LTC course... No commission. Or and agent with a recently expired non-res license can write an app - same thing, no bueno.

I see your point in that it would have been nice if LEAN had "blocked" you from writing it. But just because the enrollment platform allowed the app to go in doesn't mean that it's "unethical."

Um... no.

There are tons of products that agents can write but they aren't certified and won't get paid.

An agent can write a LTC app but not take the required LTC course... No commission. Or and agent with a recently expired non-res license can write an app - same thing, no bueno.

I see your point in that it would have been nice if LEAN had "blocked" you from writing it. But just because the enrollment platform allowed the app to go in doesn't mean that it's "unethical."

Truth.

You should know if you're authorized to sell or not. Unfortunately, thems the breaks when you opt to be an independent contractor. You get the freedom to work how you want, but are responsible for your own stuff.

Um... no.

This had nothing to do with certification or training. They chose a select group of agents that were allowed to sell it, and get paid on it. Then gave everyone the ability to quote and write it, just not pay them. While it might not have been malicious, it was handled poorly and makes them look bad. I know plenty of other carriers that send out notifications for the required LTC training, or no appointment in a non-res state, before simply issuing the policy and not paying commissions.

This had nothing to do with certification or training. They chose a select group of agents that were allowed to sell it, and get paid on it. Then gave everyone the ability to quote and write it, just not pay them. While it might not have been malicious, it was handled poorly and makes them look bad. I know plenty of other carriers that send out notifications for the required LTC training, or no appointment in a non-res state, before simply issuing the policy and not paying commissions.

I've been involved in this situation with a number of Agents, and I have provided similar feedback to our people at the carrier. Agents that represent UnitedHealthcare are conditioned to think that if they aren't certified for something, it won't appear in LEAN (or another multi-carrier enrollment tool i.e. MedicareCENTER). It is completely reasonable to assume if you see it...you can write it.

Um... no.

Yeah, I'm going to say it's very unethical! With any company, if you write business and are not authorized (whether you're not contracted for it or you don't have the correct license for it), the company will kick it back.

If you are not authorized to sell it, then you're not authorized to sell it period. Yeah, very unethical on UHC's part!

Yeah, I'm going to say it's very unethical! With any company, if you write business and are not authorized (whether you're not contracted for it or you don't have the correct license for it), the company will kick it back.

If you are not authorized to sell it, then you're not authorized to sell it period. Yeah, very unethical on UHC's part!

Except if you are authorized to sell med supp and med advantage with them

New pricing comes out but you are not told it is not available to all agents

That is very different then selling a product for a product your not authorized to sell as in you are not authorized to sell med supp or contracted with carrier

Except if you are authorized to sell med supp and med advantage with them

New pricing comes out but you are not told it is not available to all agents

That is very different then selling a product for a product your not authorized to sell as in you are not authorized to sell med supp or contracted with carrier

Okay, I will agree with you from that standpoint. It's still unethical on their part though. UHC still gets paid on it, but they choose not to pay the agent. Yep, that's pretty unethical!

Okay, I will agree with you from that standpoint. It's still unethical on their part though. UHC still gets paid on it, but they choose not to pay the agent. Yep, that's pretty unethical!

Ahh I misunderstood you the first time Got it now

I'll repost that I did say: I see your point in that it would have been nice if LEAN had "blocked" you from writing it.

I'll also agree, that if the app was approved, but the agent not allowed to write it, it looks bad on the part of UHC -- they should have shown the app as "declined due to un-auth agent" and notified the agent to write it under UHC, not UHICA.

But I'm not sure if they are allowed to do that or not (decline app for that reason) -- how can a carrier approve an app signed by a non-appointed agent? That's really above my pay grade - maybe they are required to do so because it's not the applicant's fault.

Back