UHC AOR

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I rarely check my commisdion statements but decided to look at my recent one from UHC. About 2 years ago a locsl businessmsn had a stroke and he called me to see if he could get a Medicsre Supplement and get rid of his MAPD with another agent. I was able to write him and now I find out he changed back to a MAPD with UHC even after he practically begged me for help. UHC says I am no longer AOR because his plan was changed by another agent. I was thinking AOR was protected.

I rarely check my commisdion statements but decided to look at my recent one from UHC. About 2 years ago a locsl businessmsn had a stroke and he called me to see if he could get a Medicsre Supplement and get rid of his MAPD with another agent. I was able to write him and now I find out he changed back to a MAPD with UHC even after he practically begged me for help. UHC says I am no longer AOR because his plan was changed by another agent. I was thinking AOR was protected.

only MA to MA.

Humana AOR change requests are quick and easy. I usually submit a hand written request by the member and I scan it and email it to agent support. It’s often processed the same day or the next day, and takes effect usually the first of the next month. I’ve done several this year, often I’m getting a client back that was sniped.

Humana AOR change requests are quick and easy. I usually submit a hand written request by the member and I scan it and email it to agent support. It’s often processed the same day or the next day, and takes effect usually the first of the next month. I’ve done several this year, often I’m getting a client back that was sniped.

Ive not seen what your saying about aor changes at all with Humana .The client must call in and answer many questions . There’s a form customer service must fill out . They must find the present agent didn’t explain something or almost did something wrong . In 2021 I tried about 10 on people that had no agent . Only about 4 were approved and the ones that were approved took 2-3 weeks . I stopped doing because of the frustration involved . When you call in 80% of the customer service reps have to idea what your talking about . So your faxing in a letter from client that’s requesting you to be their Aor ? Are they giving a reason why they want an Aor change ?To where and what fax # are you faxing this into to ?

Ive not seen what your saying about aor changes at all with Humana .The client must call in and answer many questions . There’s a form customer service must fill out . They must find the present agent didn’t explain something or almost did something wrong . In 2021 I tried about 10 on people that had no agent . Only about 4 were approved and the ones that were approved took 2-3 weeks . I stopped doing because of the frustration involved . When you call in 80% of the customer service reps have to idea what your talking about . So your faxing in a letter from client that’s requesting you to be their Aor ? Are they giving a reason why they want an Aor change ?To where and what fax # are you faxing this into to ?
Humana said they were going to try to protect the original agent from having this happen to them.

Being from the same state as selfgen, it's LA law that all insurers have to honor a member's request for AOR change AND pay the new agent renewals on it (B.(4) on page 2).

Attachments

• LA AOR Law.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 4
That’s a unique situation. I’ve never seen another state mandate it .

Back