Understanding my Deductible/co Insurance/out of Pocket Max.

Our hospital stay should only be $300 since we are only responsible for $100 a day up to 3 days.

you might want to read your policy......there is a deductible and co insurance that has to be met.....the $100 a day copay in most case's is more of a penalty which means if that days charges come to $3,000 then the insurance co. takes the $100 off the top and the rest of the bill goes toward your deductible that you have to pay....have you started getting the hosp. bills yet...

you might want to read your policy......there is a deductible and co insurance that has to be met.....the $100 a day copay in most case's is more of a penalty which means if that days charges come to $3,000 then the insurance co. takes the $100 off the top and the rest of the bill goes toward your deductible that you have to pay....have you started getting the hosp. bills yet...

Sorry, but I am just thoroughly confused! No, we haven't gotten any bills yet and probably won't for another month.

Sorry, but I am just thoroughly confused! No, we haven't gotten any bills yet and probably won't for another month.

you should be getting EOB's from the insurance company and a bill from the provider on what is owed.....first thing you are going to have to do is match EOB's and Statements that you get from providers and staple together and keep organized........

Yet my husband said he purchased airlift insurance for $79 as he does every year before racing and the company that airlifted him has a reciprocity agreement with the company he got it with so there should be no charge at all. Yet my fear comes because I am not sure if he really did purchase it or he just thinks he did and forgot because I can't find a receipt for his payment through his bank account or credit cards. Wouldn't that suck if the one year he forgot to renew it was the year he needed it??!!

Your #1 priority at this point should be contacting the company that he's purchased "airlift insurance" through each year, and asking if he has paid for this year. Don't tell them about the accident though. Just inquire.

Your #1 priority at this point should be contacting the company that he's purchased "airlift insurance" through each year, and asking if he has paid for this year. Don't tell them about the accident though. Just inquire.

What good does it do to inquire and not tell them about the accident? They are going to know about it as some point.

What good does it do to inquire and not tell them about the accident? They are going to know about it as some point.

Yes, but that "some point" shouldn't be before you find out if it's in effect. I'm cynical when it comes to the subject of corporations being honest and ethical most of the time. By all means, inform during the call, but not until after they say that the plan is in effect. Anyway, that's how I would handle it if this was my family.

You might want to explain that maneuver to these lawyers. Seems they must have failed b law 101

Writing Paid in Full on Cashed Check

'Paid in Full' Check Memo

Is everything negotiable? Yes, as long as the creditor is willing to negotiate and the debtor is willing to pay according to agreed upon terms.

As for the balance billing question, 13 states prohibit balance billing by non-par providers in certain situations. WA is not one of those states.

It's a narrow situation where it applies and that was just a BLAW 101 class. I'm sure (like everything else) the law varies state to state and by situation. You do have to make a good faith effort to settle the dispute before something like that would be accepted in court. Again you can't just write PIF for your mortgage or car and be done with it unless it's your final payment.

Unfortunately the airlift bill will be an out of network expense. Yet some of it should be discounted as an out of network deductible (which is 2X Reg deductible).

They don't discount in WA since they know they have you stuck in a life or death situation.

There are some exceptions. Definitely need to look at the fine print.

Back