Uninsured motorist claim

Meaningless. When you start talking actual dollars you will find that her definition of "usual and customary" is miles apart from yours.

Your previous threads reveal that you were in an accident caused by a hit and run driver and your claim with your own insurance company is Uninsured Motorists.

What is your Uninsured Motorists BI limit???

Previous threads:

PIP Coverage in Kansas (insurance-forums.com)

Statute of Limitations in Kansas (insurance-forums.com)
$500,000
I was being tongue in cheek about usual & customary
Thanks for guidance

Also be aware that most states have a three year statute of limitations on bodily injury claims. So you do not have accept or deny their offer right away. Also since they are legally required to keep a liability reserve for every open BI claim the longer you leave the claim unsettled the more of an incentive they have to settle. When I used to handle to handle BI claims I always started at the bottom of the settlement range. Then if there was justification to support a increase I would go up by 50%, then another 50% till I was out of range. After that it would be transferred to a different team to handle if I could not settle it.

I appreciate your reply. Our statute is 2 years. Physically everything has been done that can be. I still take medicine.
I know I can’t be canceled, but my biggest fear is non renewal, that’s why I don’t want to be greedy. I know every case is different, I wish there were some way to get an idea of what their opening offer will be. Thanks again.

I have a few more questions.

Are you fully recovered from your injuries with no residual issues or have you just reached Maximum Medical Improvement but with continuing issues?

You mention two surgeries. Surgeries can often leave residual issues that can count as a partial and permanent disability even if you just walk around with some pain for the rest of your life. You'll have to take that into consideration when figuring out how much money to ask for.

I have a few more questions.

Are you fully recovered from your injuries with no residual issues or have you just reached Maximum Medical Improvement but with continuing issues?

You mention two surgeries. Surgeries can often leave residual issues that can count as a partial and permanent disability even if you just walk around with some pain for the rest of your life. You'll have to take that into consideration when figuring out how much money to ask for.

I still have pain 2 places & always will. I have an Ortho appointment & a neck surgeon one more time. I’m sure I’ll be released. (yes on Maximum Medical Improvement but with continuing issues)
Thanks for responding again, appreciate.
Tim

Thanks for the detail. It's important. Your condition makes your claim complicated so you do need a lawyer to handle it for you. I couldn't even begin to tell you how much to ask for, other than don't wait for the adjuster to make an offer. If you want to take a shot at it yourself ask for your limit ($500,000). You won't get it but when the adjuster comes back with an offer it'll probably be a fraction of the amount and that's when you know you'll need a lawyer.

Meantime, couldn't hurt to interview a couple of attorneys and find out what they think.

Thanks for the detail. It's important. Your condition makes your claim complicated so you do need a lawyer to handle it for you. I couldn't even begin to tell you how much to ask for, other than don't wait for the adjuster to make an offer. If you want to take a shot at it yourself ask for your limit ($500,000). You won't get it but when the adjuster comes back with an offer it'll probably be a fraction of the amount and that's when you know you'll need a lawyer.

Meantime, couldn't hurt to interview a couple of attorneys and find out what they think.

Thanks for this advice & all others. Any other advice appreciated. Tim

Back