Updates on 'Have You Been Paid?'

MaryDallas

Guru
1000 Post Club
Texas
This would have been a good April Fool's post:

I still have not been paid on 1/2 of January's commissions by BC/BS IL. I have been told repeatedly that they are 'expediting' and have moved this up to Number 1 priority. Today I was told they have thousands of people in this same situation and it may be 6 months; they don't know.

We had a frustrating conversation about what expedite means as well as priority. 'The system'; it's always 'the system'. :swoon:

Isn't it a good thing we don't need to be paid for all of this noise?

This would have been a good April Fool's post:

I still have not been paid on 1/2 of January's commissions by BC/BS IL. I have been told repeatedly that they are 'expediting' and have moved this up to Number 1 priority. Today I was told they have thousands of people in this same situation and it may be 6 months; they don't know.

We had a frustrating conversation about what expedite means as well as priority. 'The system'; it's always 'the system'. :swoon:

Isn't it a good thing we don't need to be paid for all of this noise?

have you received the "Update - Your 2015 individual commission payments" from aetna......

This would have been a good April Fool's post: I still have not been paid on 1/2 of January's commissions by BC/BS IL. I have been told repeatedly that they are 'expediting' and have moved this up to Number 1 priority. Today I was told they have thousands of people in this same situation and it may be 6 months; they don't know. We had a frustrating conversation about what expedite means as well as priority. 'The system'; it's always 'the system'. :swoon: Isn't it a good thing we don't need to be paid for all of this noise?

Just be thankful they aren't asking us to pay them for the honor of selling their plans. BCBS seems to be one of the worst to deal with on getting commission issues resolved. I always ask whoever I'm talking with at BCBS if they'd like to go to work for free. Of course it doesn't help one bit, but I say it anyway.

I'm sure they'll pay you with interest. Hahahaha

Well let's see here....

Coventry - haven't received a dime
Kaiser - finally received a few commissions on the cases I wrote 5 months ago, still owed thousands
CareFirst BCBS - who knows? They pay me when they feel like it, usually 9-10 months down the line....if I'm lucky.
Anthem, UHC, Humana - no problems here

Asked Humana about several 2014 cases, some dating back to last May, that I have never been paid on.

Response was, we are working on it.

So how about the $500 bonus for 2015 new business?

Response, should be some time in April.

have you received the "Update - Your 2015 individual commission payments" from aetna......

Thankfully, I did not write Aetna. I had numerous bad experiences with Aetna in the pre-ACA phase; not even able to get one app through because their systems were so bad. I elected not to write them.

----------

Just be thankful they aren't asking us to pay them for the honor of selling their plans. BCBS seems to be one of the worst to deal with on getting commission issues resolved. I always ask whoever I'm talking with at BCBS if they'd like to go to work for free. Of course it doesn't help one bit, but I say it anyway.

I'm sure they'll pay you with interest. Hahahaha

Exactly; actually, BC/BS has been much better than Cigna. It's just that 1/2 of January. I guess multitudes of agents/brokers are asking if they would like to work for free because today they were really frustrated with me and said, "Now, we're not talking about me and my situation; that is not a valid question." So you're not the only one asking that question.

Cigna was better to pay in 2014. It seemed in November 2014 they figured out a way to stop the flood of new business: begin to play with our money. That will stop a person from writing in a heartbeat.

My only commission problem is when the agent information doesn't make it to the carrier from Healthcare.gov. That has happened numerous times. Which then requires an AOR form and then the "It'll be at least 90 days to process". AOR forms I've turned in back in January still haven't shown up.

My only commission problem is when the agent information doesn't make it to the carrier from Healthcare.gov. That has happened numerous times. Which then requires an AOR form and then the "It'll be at least 90 days to process". AOR forms I've turned in back in January still haven't shown up.

I haven't had that problem this year .... everything else; not this one. There were improvements by leaps and bounds from 2014 to 2015, and then all of these new issues have cropped up with terminating people. Surely that will be resolved by the end of 2015.

I think the reason we are having the issue this year, is this is the first year United Health Care is offering ACA products in Indiana. They sat out last year. I've only had to send in 2-3 AORs for Anthem this year. However, I've had to send in almost 10 to UHC. But I do agree that this year was so much better than last year.

Exactly; actually, BC/BS has been much better than Cigna. It's just that 1/2 of January. I guess multitudes of agents/brokers are asking if they would like to work for free because today they were really frustrated with me and said, "Now, we're not talking about me and my situation; that is not a valid question." So you're not the only one asking that question.

I got the same attitude a couple of weeks ago. I actually do feel a little sorry for the front line people. They are getting hammered (my understanding is that this as affected every agent) and have zero control over the correction.

I sent an email this week and was emailed back "its being listed as a priority". BAHAHAHAHA

You probably already know this, but unless they cut you a special check (which they rarely do), the earliest you are going to see this is now May. Anything that it is corrected in finance has to be done prior to the last day of the month for the next check. So if it wasn't done by 3/31, we are out of luck for April.

Back