Using Electronic Apps For FE?

Signnow is one of my favorites. You can create a template application where the sign once in a popup and then touch for remaining signatures.

This would worry me with form tools it just applies their wet signature to the app it won't save a signature and I can snap a pic of the voided check and insert it into the file.

When it comes to electronic signature, you are either on board or off. The details of exactly how the signature was signed, IMO, is irrelevant. You either did it legally and ethically or not.

When it comes to electronic signature, you are either on board or off. The details of exactly how the signature was signed, IMO, is irrelevant. You either did it legally and ethically or not.

My concern would be using a program that records and saves people signature and allows you to place it on any form you want. I have them sign every form on the app just like a paper app. Form tools doesn't record signatures so that could never be questioned with me

When I first started in insurance I worked with a agent who missed a clients signature on a form so he made a copy of the clients signature from another form cut it out placed it on the form he missed and photo copied it. He did this every time he missed a signature. Eventually he got caught and the ins company turned him in to the dept of ins he was fined and surrendered his ins license because he placed the clients signature on a form they did not sign themselves.

Last edited:
I worry about the liability of using something that saves a signature and allows you to place it all forms. I don't like the thought of having to defend its use in court or with the Dept of Ins. Odds are it won't come to that but not worth the risk. Would make it too easy for client to claim they never signed that form. Form Tools has you sign each place like a paper ap.

I don't agree. There is a difference in signing your name blankly and the agent plopping it anywhere they see fit compared to the applicant signing right where they are supposed to and reading what they are agreeing to. I know that most won't really read everything but that's true on paper apps too.

I use Form Tools but mainly just went back to paper apps. They are just easier.

I don't agree. There is a difference in signing your name blankly and the agent plopping it anywhere they see fit compared to the applicant signing right where they are supposed to and reading what they are agreeing to. I know that most won't really read everything but that's true on paper apps too.

I use Form Tools but mainly just went back to paper apps. They are just easier.

It's defiantly a pain in the butt when a company changes their apps or if you add a new company and have to add the apps and format them in form tools.

It's defiantly a pain in the butt when a company changes their apps or if you add a new company and have to add the apps and format them in form tools.

Tell me about it. In the time I was trying to keep up with it FOreThought changed their app twice in 1-year (Indiana and KY use different apps too.) Settlers changed. RNA Changed. Assurity changes all the time from what I can tell. American Memorial changed. You can't keep up.

Back