Walmart Enters Health Insurance Mkt

Saturday October 18, 2014

Visited with a DirectHealth agent in Walmart briefly this afternoon on my way out the door.

FROM THE 3 MINUTE VISIT:
1. Nice guy. Middle aged. Wore "Direct Health" name tag.
2. Crammed against the wall near the exit...where the 42degree breeze would pay a visit every 10 seconds as shoppers left.
3. Could not sit down. It was a kiosk.
4. Kiosk was "Humana" branded.
5. Could only talk generalities at this point, and hand out Humana branded ACA general info brochures. Can't get specific until 11/15/14.
6. Told him I was an agent, he looked around, leaned over to me, and asked if the ACA is a bunch of bull chit.

My wife was waiting behind me, so I just wished him well and departed. (We exited out the further door to keep his stuff from flapping around so much!)
ac

Saturday October 18, 2014

Visited with a DirectHealth agent in Walmart briefly this afternoon on my way out the door.

FROM THE 3 MINUTE VISIT:
1. Nice guy. Middle aged. Wore "Direct Health" name tag.
2. Crammed against the wall near the exit...where the 42degree breeze would pay a visit every 10 seconds as shoppers left.
3. Could not sit down. It was a kiosk.
4. Kiosk was "Humana" branded.
5. Could only talk generalities at this point, and hand out Humana branded ACA general info brochures. Can't get specific until 11/15/14.
6. Told him I was an agent, he looked around, leaned over to me, and asked if the ACA is a bunch of bull chit.

My wife was waiting behind me, so I just wished him well and departed. (We exited out the further door to keep his stuff from flapping around so much!)
ac

So must be a new agent if he had to ask if ACA was BS, :laugh::laugh:

Well maybe between Walmart, Humana and Direct Health they can split those E & O claims.

Actually, I think they're already breaking a CMS rule by using a Humana Branded Kiosk and Brochures. Impartiality is thrown out the window.
ac

I am so full of schit I amaze myself sometimes. Sorry, but tight underwriting, lousy plans, double digit rate increases are nothing, you health guys just have it too easy. Us P & C guys should write a book on having it tough:1laugh:

I know....I know. I feel for you. Last year, I offered Walmart to rent a spot here in my area to open an insurance store. I sent an email in.

Tranzact...who can offer money, just wiped my little thing out. You should read the email I got back.

Something like, "fF we consider to permit an insurance agency to open in a Walmart, you will be one of the first to consider." I laughed. Next thing I knew...we are all dealing with Tranzact.

Eh.

----------

If Walmart becomes the number one health care provider I think we are all in trouble.

I AGREE! But, I will find a loophole! :)

----------

So must be a new agent if he had to ask if ACA was BS, :laugh::laugh:

Well maybe between Walmart, Humana and Direct Health they can split those E & O claims.

I agree, we are licensed with everything except the Blues.:D:D

----------

My grandmother use to say that every part you eat strengthens a part you have.

If you want to run fast eat the legs, if you want to be smart eat the brain, if you want to...as Chumps said...never mind.

My grandmother use to say, 'You need that, like a hole in your head.' She was always quick on it.:D

Luv Grandmas!

WM spending big to get the #1 search spot on Google.

Healthcare Begins Here - Walmart.com

Agents now competing with the #2 retailer (behind Amazon but they will be in the game within a year), eHealth (and other national agencies), carriers, the govt + GFE's like Enroll America, Champions for Coverage and thousands of social service organizations.

The WalMarts in my area have unmanned tables with pamphlets (from Direct Health) that prompt you to go to "healthcarebeginshere" dot com.

Whoops...I see Somarco already said that.

The WalMarts in my area have unmanned tables with pamphlets (from Direct Health) that prompt you to go to "healthcarebeginshere" dot com.

It's not 11/15 yet.

WM greeters begin training 11/14 so they will be ready for the onslaught.

Latest posts

Back