Walmart Enters Health Insurance Mkt

I am one of the agents located in WalMart here in Kentucky. It has been a joke from the beginning. I am with and independent agency that paid the fee to man the booth this year. Going into this, it was marketed as an excellent opportunity to be able to use our multiple carriers as an advantage versus just Humana. We also were informed that it was an open market for ACA. I have been here since October 10. We were informed by direct health that we could not approach or hand out fliers to potential clients. They would have to come to our booth. The booth I have is a generic cardboard box from last year and I was informed that it was what I would have to use because the new, more informative booths were out of stock.

This being said, I have been here a month and have only had about 20 Part D enrollments, 2 supp enrollments, and 3 advantage enrollments. In between the LONG waits for clients to approach, I have just been sitting here trying to look engaged in work, without going out of my mind.

The fact that I cannot approach and engage potential clients is frustrating. I have attempted to communicate with management that my booth is in a bad location. They could care less. I am in front of the store where people are walking out with their groceries between an Ice freezer and a display. Not much of a chance for me, huh?

Moral of the story, I will not be renewing my contract with direct health next year. I could definitely be making more sales during the 6 hours a day I am d=sitting here. Any suggestions or similar stories?

Who's going to know if you don't show up a couple of days or leave early? When i sat in Walmart last year I came and went and no one even noticed. In fact after a couple of weeks just sat out my material and cards and would check once a week. No one even knew.

Who's going to know if you don't show up a couple of days or leave early? When i sat in Walmart last year I came and went and no one even noticed. In fact after a couple of weeks just sat out my material and cards and would check once a week. No one even knew.

I actually have to check in and out at the pharmacy daily. Matter of fact, they called DirectHealth on me yesterday because I did not check in with them at the beginning of the shift. I actually had a client at the booth when I walked in and took care of her needs. They reported me as a no show. Its a whole load of croc in my opinion

Back