Ways to prevent clients from filling out lead cards in the future

Yes I would love to hear it

Back ground. I'm an old door to door guy who cut my teeth in a way that very few agents survive. No leads, no names list, just a street of doors. You learn very quickly that emotion is how most people buy and you learn to use that emotion to drive sales and solidify your hard work.

My talk goes something like this just after the app has been taken and I'm preparing to leave the home.

"Mildred, I want to make sure you have my card. (I give them a normal card.) I also have a card for your fridge (standing up) and I'm gonna put that on right now, and then I'm gonna tell you my magnet story. I walk to the kitchen and place it on the freezer door, usually on the top near the handle. I call from the kitchen, "Mildred, I placed it right where you go to get ice cream. Now every time you eat ice cream you will think of me." Then I go back into the living room (if that is where I did the presentation) and say, "Now let me tell you my story."

"You know Mildred, I service my claims. Well, at the beginning of 2019 I kept getting a call from Nevada on my phone, but ignored it thinking it was a scam because they never left a voice mail. Well, they kept calling so I answered the phone. The person on the other line asked if I was so and so. I said yes, she said that she was the daughter of so and so and called to inform me her mother had passed and wondered if her mother had insurance with me. "Yes, I said I knew her mother well." She proceeded to tell me that she had come out from Nevada to see to her mothers things. She said she had everything packed in boxes and it was all sitting in her mother's living room and she was getting ready to pack it all up and head back to Nevada. The last bit of cleaning was in the kitchen, and while she was cleaning the fridge she found my card and gave me a call. The very next day, I met her daughter and helped her fill out the paper work and helped processing the claim.

"Now Mildred, wouldn't it be important to you to know that someone is there to help your family (tailored to the beni) activate your life coverage when it matters most? (Said in such a way as to build on the trust you have already been given.)

The power of emotion helps to sale the product then to solidify the sale, and make you their guy!

I hope that this has been helpful. This is just how I do it.

Back ground. I'm an old door to door guy who cut my teeth in a way that very few agents survive. No leads, no names list, just a street of doors. You learn very quickly that emotion is how most people buy and you learn to use that emotion to drive sales and solidify your hard work.

My talk goes something like this just after the app has been taken and I'm preparing to leave the home.

"Mildred, I want to make sure you have my card. (I give them a normal card.) I also have a card for your fridge (standing up) and I'm gonna put that on right now, and then I'm gonna tell you my magnet story. I walk to the kitchen and place it on the freezer door, usually on the top near the handle. I call from the kitchen, "Mildred, I placed it right where you go to get ice cream. Now every time you eat ice cream you will think of me." Then I go back into the living room (if that is where I did the presentation) and say, "Now let me tell you my story."

"You know Mildred, I service my claims. Well, at the beginning of 2019 I kept getting a call from Nevada on my phone, but ignored it thinking it was a scam because they never left a voice mail. Well, they kept calling so I answered the phone. The person on the other line asked if I was so and so. I said yes, she said that she was the daughter of so and so and called to inform me her mother had passed and wondered if her mother had insurance with me. "Yes, I said I knew her mother well." She proceeded to tell me that she had come out from Nevada to see to her mothers things. She said she had everything packed in boxes and it was all sitting in her mother's living room and she was getting ready to pack it all up and head back to Nevada. The last bit of cleaning was in the kitchen, and while she was cleaning the fridge she found my card and gave me a call. The very next day, I met her daughter and helped her fill out the paper work and helped processing the claim.

"Now Mildred, wouldn't it be important to you to know that someone is there to help your family (tailored to the beni) activate your life coverage when it matters most? (Said in such a way as to build on the trust you have already been given.)

The power of emotion helps to sale the product then to solidify the sale, and make you their guy!

I hope that this has been helpful. This is just how I do it.
I like the idea of having a closing presentation after making the sale before leaving the home. Thanks for the info!

Back