We Will......survive!

What kind of fees are you going to charge?

Will you be liable for tax information and legal information that you give that pertains to health care?

Nothing that a signed disclaimer form won't fix. Some states require consultant licenses. As long as you act like a fiduciary (do best for client), you should be fine. I don't see getting sued for selling a government approved product.

$100-$150/hr, + servicing fees, + bill paying, + claims help, or flat yearly fee.

We all have got to start re-conditioning clients now. PPACA is more confusing, not less. 80-90% of my clients have HSA's, If I've been successful getting clients off the copay addiction, I'll be able to show other value once again. Hell, I'm gonna make money off people that choose to pay the penalty.

Nothing that a signed disclaimer form won't fix. Some states require consultant licenses. As long as you act like a fiduciary (do best for client), you should be fine. I don't see getting sued for selling a government approved product.

$100-$150/hr, + servicing fees, + bill paying, + claims help, or flat yearly fee.

So you are charging to give advice, but then require the client to sign a form that disclaims you for any liability for the advice? Am I missing something here?

I have to agree with the Volagent.

You can't have it both ways.

A client is not going to agree to pay you a fee if you are not liable for the advice you give.

Even if you have 500 clients at $100 a piece. Is that enough money to keep you up to speed on compliance? When you send out your bill the 2nd year are they going to pay it?

I just don't think the fee based commission will work in the individual market.

If we do not make a decent commission selling the exchange then it's game over. I think we will.

Quick prescreen to see if I can help (free 10 minute consultation). Then here is my private exchange website, click on disclaimer box, type in name, pay me with your Visa or paypal account. Deliver advice. No refunds. Come on, get that creative thing going. Hell, maybe we set up a pre-paid health agent model (pre-paid legal). Monthly fees, staff the phones, compete against the helpless navigators/gov't.

Prepaidhealthagent.com is now gone, anyone want to run with me?

So you really think you are going to be able to charge for advice and then disclaim away all liability?

Even if they sign on the dotted line, don't think you are going to win when challenged. Someone will follow your advice, get hit with a bill or penalty and turn around and sue you. I can't see a court looking upon it too kindly as you took money for your advice.

I just don't think the fee based commission will work in the individual market.

If we do not make a decent commission selling the exchange then it's game over. I think we will.

X2..... i agree. You think some dude is going to pay over and above the premium your crazy(no offense, just a term). Do you honestly think maw and paw kettle will whup out a check to you in the second year.... I can hear the table talk now, "maw, that insurance guy sent us a bill for 2015, do we need him to do anything?" maw says: " naw paw, we will just stay where we are" agent starts advoiding phone calls because ford motor credit and visa wants to speak to the agent

I don't see getting sued for selling a government approved product.

You mean like Medicare Advantage . . .

Quick prescreen to see if I can help (free 10 minute consultation). Then here is my private exchange website, click on disclaimer box, type in name, pay me with your Visa or paypal account. Deliver advice. No refunds. Come on, get that creative thing going. Hell, maybe we set up a pre-paid health agent model (pre-paid legal). Monthly fees, staff the phones, compete against the helpless navigators/gov't.

Prepaidhealthagent.com is now gone, anyone want to run with me?

Bill, you remind me of George "Kingfish" Stevens, or the updated version, Mr. Haney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back