We Will......survive!

The good news for you is SC will not participate in the exchange unless forced at gun point, and there will likely be a better market for agents. They haven't waivered on their stance on the Fed Option or anything else since the start of this thing.

Well . . . I sell in 9 states, and not very much in SC. You may be right . . . SC may become my most popular state afterall. However with my package presentation . . . I am still thinking everything will be fine with the rest of the states. I am still counting on the Gov't. to muck it up so bad that the public at large will need us more than ever. They have a pretty good record so far.

I believe someone said "lets pass this bill so we can see what's in it" Absolutely amazing!! :goofy:

HealthBroker said:
I believe someone said "lets pass this bill so we can see what's in it" Absolutely amazing!! :goofy:

Couldn't possibly have any unintended consequences in a 2600+ page bill that Congress couldn't read until they passed it.

I am not peddling cancer **** . . . or anything else for that matter.

Just for the record cancer is the second leading cause of death in the U. S. exceeded only by heart disease . . . another critical illness.

This is why I am a proponent of CI. A good CI plan will write a check to a policy holder for a number of Critical Illnesses.

Health Insurance agents have been selling just major medical policies for so long that they have overlooked the concept of comprehensive coverage . . .major med + CI + accident = Comprehensive coverage.

The last time I checked my license . . .it didn't say major medical . . . it says Life, Accident and Health.
The full deal.

This is for the benefit of agents who want to know if we will survive . . .
"If we offer complete coverage,
we will not only survive,
WE WILL THRIVE"

Since I have adopted this attitude, my income has tripled and I am not concerned about what the Gov't. is doing with major med comps. it does not matter because I am not DEPENDENT on this major med comps only.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOOOOO i am not a duck . . .just an independent agent . . . with a new attitude.

Does the language in a CI policy make it better or worse than the next policy?
Similar to DI. If so what language do you need to look for?
I would like to get into this market but with a quality company and a quality product.
Anyone have any ideas or companies you would recommend?

What type of commission can you get from CI.
I would love to build up some good renewals.
All this term insurance leaves something to be desired.

Shooter

Does the language in a CI policy make it better or worse than the next policy?

CI's are fairly competitive accross the board. Similar to DI.

If so what language do you need to look for?
Cancer -Stroke-Heart attack are the 3 biggy's . . .and others but these are the 3 key CI's.

I would like to get into this market but with a quality company and a quality product.
Assurity-GTL-Mutual of Omaha - Colorado Bankers -Washington National are good for starters . . .there are many more.
Anyone have any ideas or companies you would recommend?
Assurity-GTL-Mutual of Omaha - Colorado Bankers -Washington National are good for starters . . .there are many more.

What type of commission can you get from CI.
All over the board . . .depending on your experience and production history.

Here are some considerations.

Is the policy a health or life contract? Health insurance is preferable.

How is the condition (claim) defined?

Premium is only a small consideration. Same for commission.

2 years ago, I joined this forum board. I joined because I know the value of my services, and to make a case for agents (hence my username Yagents). The article below shows that health insurance is unlike every other decision people have to make. There will always be a place for our advice. (fee or commission)

Health care benefits second most difficult decision for consumers

A survey from Aetna finds that Americans rank choosing health care benefits as the second most difficult major life decision behind saving for retirement. Survey participants reported that choosing health care benefits is more difficult than purchasing a car, making decisions about medical tests or treatments, parenting, and selecting homeowners, renters or auto insurance. Consumers who found health care benefits decisions difficult cited these reasons: the available information is confusing and complicated (88 percent), there is conflicting information (84 percent) and it is difficult to know which plan is right for them (83 percent).
Health care benefits second most difficult decision for consumers | BenefitsPro

According to this just published government fact sheet, agents are growing in number, in-spite of the MLR requirements.
Fact Sheet: The Facts on H.R. 1206, Access to Professional Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2011 | Committee on Energy and Commerce Democrats

3,100 new Agents/Brokers nationwide since May of this year. Could they be counting P&C, Business Insurance and Life agents in that number...and not taking into account how many have quit the business?
-AC
Mike Rogers specifically rebutted that number as including p and c agents. He referenced health agents being down 3%

Back