We Will......survive!

Can you please explain how they are better off? In another thread about CI,

Why CI? Because CI will pay the policyholder CASH upon diagnosis of a major illness, most policies pay from $5,000 to $100,000. This comes in real handy when you get diagnosed with cancer and cannot work for 3 -9 months because you are on chemotherapy. And current statistics state that 1 in 3 american women will get diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Again major med is necessary to pay the doctor and the hospital . . .but by raising the deductible on the major med a little and using the savings to squeeze in a CI and yes an accident plan if needed. You will be doing the client a real stand up job. Unfortunately, unless we educate the client . . . they won't find out until it is too late. I use a flyer that I have created to illustrate the point during a webconference or in person. I will be happy to share it with you or anyone who wants to use it. I am not an AFFLAC agent . . .but the duck is right. The major medical boat has holes in it and if a critical illness hits . . .it can force you into bankruptcy.

Care to elaborate?

Especially on those major med holes.

The "HOLE" is in the concept that major medical is comprehensive coverage.

The National Institute of Health estimates overall cost for cancer in the year 2003 at $189.5 billion: approximately 33% for direct medical cost and 67% for indirect, non-medical cost.
Source: American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts & Figures 2004.

Non-Medical Expenses
Loss of Income
Increased Living Expenses
Transportation
Lodging
Meals Away from Home
Child Care
Other Unforseen Expenses

Besides deductibles and coinsurance there are many other cost associated with a critical illness that a major medical does not address . . .I call these HOLES.

It only takes a few minutes to share this knowledge with our clients . . . and it's well worth the time.

Those items are not holes. Obviously you have no understanding of what a major medical plan is.

Go peddle your cancer scare **** somewhere else.

I am not peddling cancer **** . . . or anything else for that matter.

Just for the record cancer is the second leading cause of death in the U. S. exceeded only by heart disease . . . another critical illness.

This is why I am a proponent of CI. A good CI plan will write a check to a policy holder for a number of Critical Illnesses.

Health Insurance agents have been selling just major medical policies for so long that they have overlooked the concept of comprehensive coverage . . .major med + CI + accident = Comprehensive coverage.

The last time I checked my license . . .it didn't say major medical . . . it says Life, Accident and Health.
The full deal.

This is for the benefit of agents who want to know if we will survive . . .
"If we offer complete coverage,
we will not only survive,
WE WILL THRIVE"

Since I have adopted this attitude, my income has tripled and I am not concerned about what the Gov't. is doing with major med comps. it does not matter because I am not DEPENDENT on this major med comps only.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOOOOO i am not a duck . . .just an independent agent . . . with a new attitude.

Last edited:
I am not concerned about what the Gov't. is doing with major med comps. it does not matter because I am not DEPENDENT on this major med comps only

The good news for you is SC will not participate in the exchange unless forced at gun point, and there will likely be a better market for agents. They haven't waivered on their stance on the Fed Option or anything else since the start of this thing.

Latest posts

Back