Webmaster and Analytics Options

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Recently installed a new WP plugin that will submit my site to other services, but I need to register with them and have a code. Not sure what all is involved and wonder if I should pursue this or not.

The webmaster options include:

Google Webmaster Central
Bing Webmaster Center
Yahoo Site Explorer (thought this was dead)
Alexa Rank
BlogCatalog
Facebook Insights

The analytics options are:

Google
Quantcast
Clicky
Compete
Sitemeter

I have a Google analytics account, but rely on other resources for most of my information.

But your answer does not address my question.

Should I register with all of these services and what benefits will I receive?

My $.02:

I'd say yes to the webmaster tools and no to the analytics. The webmaster tools (at least Google, Bing, and Alexa) all give you slightly different data. All you're doing is validating your ownership of the domain, so you might as well do it.

As for the analytics... Unless you have an explicit reason (such as there are feature differences that you need), just stick with the one you prefer. More analytics means more tracking scripts loading which means there's just more running on each page.

Aaron

Thanks.

I use an internal plugin for analytics that gives me what I need. What kind of things does Webmaster tools offer that can be useful?

Thanks.

I use an internal plugin for analytics that gives me what I need. What kind of things does Webmaster tools offer that can be useful?

ability to remove pages u dont want crawled/indexed, G Web shows you the impressions for kw's your site shows up for

Back