Website Quoter

When you say you like the "look" of the engine quoter better, please remember that the "engine quoter" has NOTHING to do with look and feel. The ingenuity of the engine is that it is the user who develops the look, feel and style that you see.

All the engine does is populate certain parts of the results page (we call it the "template") with values, company name, product name, premium, etc. How that name and premium are displayed, the fonts, colors, order, content, etc., is all the work of the individual developer.

The first thing you will need to know how to do is program in html code.

With the simpler web quotes what you are in fact using are the templates that Compulife designed and provides. There you have 8 options, which you will see listed above the client entry box on this page:

Life Insurance Quotes

Once again, it is the drop down above the client box that lets you choose different templates to try.

The templates are:

<!--​

TEMPLATE.HTM​

TEMPLATE_REQUEST_AP.HTM​

TEMPLATE_LOGO.HTM​

TEMPLATE_LOGO_0.HTM​

TEMPLATE_LOGO_1.HTM​

TEMPLATE_LOGO_2.HTM​

TEMPLATE_MORE_INFO.HTM​

-->​

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="TEMPLATEFILE" value="TEMPLATE_LOGO_0.HTM">​
The symbol <!-- is html code that signifies the beginning of a "comment" area in an html file. Everything that follows that symbol is hidden and not displayed. The comment area ends with -->.

The seven templates in the comment area are options NOT being used. The template at Life Insurance Quotes is the one called:

TEMPLATE_LOGO_0.HTM​
and you will see that template selected in this line:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="TEMPLATEFILE" value="TEMPLATE_LOGO_0.HTM">​
While we offer 8 templates, the engine user can create what ever template they want.

Regardless of whether you take the cheaper web quotes ($99) or the more expensive internet engine ($995), the first page, which is the client entry page, is your's to control.

If you go to google and search for:

"Powered by COMPULIFE®"​
you will turn up lots of websites that have formatted and integrates our client entry page in different ways. While you are not required to included "Powered by COMPULIFE®" in that page, many agents leave it in because they think it communicates a well respected brand to their visitors.

Here is the google search I am referring to:

So that page can be formatted as you like, and if you use a horizontal frame under which to display the comparison result template, you can control the content of the header. Here is a good example of what I am talking about:

Here is a different approach:

where the results are formatted in a box on the site.

Both of the above examples use the $99 option.

Ok, so from what you are saying the first page - the client entry page is in my control - it is the results option that makes a difference? So if I want to create something similar to termlife.com - the entry page - I can use that with the $99 option and use one of the templates for the results page, correct?

Ok, so from what you are saying the first page - the client entry page is in my control - it is the results option that makes a difference? So if I want to create something similar to termlife.com - the entry page - I can use that with the $99 option and use one of the templates for the results page, correct?

LH - I've been a compulife user for 4 years now and it's one of the no-brainers in my business.

I wouldn't even think about the customized engine right now, like Bob said, get some traffic first. Use their $99 web quoter.

Last edited:

Yes, that is correct. The results pages (8 of them currently) are not in your control - although you can frame or box them as you want.

I should point out that Compulife is not adverse to adding additional results pages. However, if we add a new option for one, it would be available to all. So we are willing to work with folks to develop other looks, but if you want your look to be proprietary to you, you are better getting the engine.

Yes, that is correct. The results pages (8 of them currently) are not in your control - although you can frame or box them as you want.

I should point out that Compulife is not adverse to adding additional results pages. However, if we add a new option for one, it would be available to all. So we are willing to work with folks to develop other looks, but if you want your look to be proprietary to you, you are better getting the engine.
Ok got it. I am more concerned with the look of the "input" page and fine with one of the templates for the results page, which means I can use the $99 quoter. When my web developer is ready in a couple of weeks i'll buy the license.

Ok got it. I am more concerned with the look of the "input" page and fine with one of the templates for the results page, which means I can use the $99 quoter. When my web developer is ready in a couple of weeks i'll buy the license.

You get 4 months for free - nothing to buy until 2013.

Back