Weed

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
We know that lots of people smoke it. It's legal in many states and on the ballot for medical use.
For our purposes,many carriers ask " has the proposed insured used illegal drugs" in the last 2 years,4, years,or what ever look back period.
When someone says they smoke weed,do agents just simply rate them as tobacco or answer the illegal drug question "yes" which in most cases results in a graded policy ?
In household where young folks are living with mama,grandma you can smell it,you see roaches in the ashtray...etc.
Not the kind that are crawling up the walls,lol !
How do carriers look at it ?

It's legal for recreational use in two States. That's not many. For those who use it legitimately for medical reasons in many other States, it's not illegal for them. For those, a call to the underwriter or your upline would be in order I would think.

Look at the last 24 years of political history. It is a prerequisite to be elected President of the United States. AND, I have never had anyone admit to it. I have never had a carrier investigate or rescind a policy. Ask the question and record the answer.

Monumental exempts marijuana in their illegal drug question. Looks like it depends on the carrier ?

Monumental exempts marijuana in their illegal drug question. Looks like it depends on the carrier ?

If you're talking about the 45-85 app then they'd only qualify for Graded. Part C3, #6 says if they've used illegal drugs during the past year. Part C4 asked if they've used them in the past 2 years.

Where do you see that marijuana is specifically exempted?

If you're talking about the 45-85 app then they'd only qualify for Graded. Part C3, #6 says if they've used illegal drugs during the past year. Part C4 asked if they've used them in the past 2 years.

Where do you see that marijuana is specifically exempted?

On the 0-44. They must figure that after 44 folks know better.

On the 0-44. They must figure that after 44 folks know better.

You're right. I've never used that app before. If someone is that young then I try to put them with a PU@65 with RNA.

But I called Monu and got some interesting info. If it's the 0-44 app and they admit to weed then they get preferred rates but are classified as a smoker.

If they admit to it on the 45-85 app then it's the same situation. They won't rate it for just that, but it would turn a non-smoker into a smoker.

This was good info, I'm glad I called.

Back