Wellcare 2024?

A consumer question about Wellcare.

I do NOT want this question to start another of the MAPD vs PDP/Medigap debates.

I have the low price Wellcare PDP and plan to continue it in 2024.

I don't think I have had any "unknown switching" concerns up to now. This past week I received a Wellcare mailing which included
You owe it to yourself to learn about the savings and benefits you could get with the Wellcare Assist (HMO) plan.

Two questions:
Do you think I should have any concerns about an automatic, unknown (to me) switch from PDP to MAPD?

If so, are there any specific monitoring steps you would recommend I perform to catch it if it should happen?

Thanks.

Wellcare has low star ratings. The question is: do star ratings really matter? Do you consider the star ratings when reviewing the plans?
Sure do and I sell against low rating all the time, every day during AEP.

As an agent, I do not want to deal with any carrier with crappy customer service. Only time I do Wellcare is for PDP.

They have a nice sounding DSNP here, but I move people off it regularly. I've learned that the stars are quite realistic if it's a low rating. What customers are saying to me about low rated carriers/plans do in fact reflect what the low star rating is suggesting.

Sure do and I sell against low rating all the time, every day during AEP.

As an agent, I do not want to deal with any carrier with crappy customer service. Only time I do Wellcare is for PDP.

They have a nice sounding DSNP here, but I move people off it regularly. I've learned that the stars are quite realistic if it's a low rating. What customers are saying to me about low rated carriers/plans do in fact reflect what the low star rating is suggesting.

Try moving someone off a plan with good benefits to a higher star plan with little to no benefits . They’ll tell you to hit the road . Been threw that a bunch . They’ll say that got no problems with the plan

I do NOT want this question to start another of the MAPD vs PDP/Medigap debates.

I don't think I have had any "unknown switching" concerns up to now. This past week I received a Wellcare mailing which included

Two questions:
Do you think I should have any concerns about an automatic, unknown (to me) switch from PDP to MAPD?

If so, are there any specific monitoring steps you would recommend I perform to catch it if it should happen?

Thanks.

They are not going to switch you from a PDP to an MAPD without permission, especially the Wellcare Assist which is designed for low-income folks on LIS

the letters are already going out to members in NJ. Keep your $0 premium and get so much more!

Shocking . . .

My clients have been told to expect solicitations. They have resisted calls and letters from Aetna and Humana in the past.

Two questions:

Thanks.

They are not going to switch you from a PDP to an MAPD without permission, especially the Wellcare Assist which is designed for low-income folks on LIS

I think I am now starting to see the types of issues you agents must confront..

Wellcare. I received two letters similar to the one I mentioned above.

Dec 8 I received a 3rd letter about Wellcare Assist and extra benefits. It told me about how AEP is Oct 15 to Dec 7. It also had a sidebar about the Wellcare Spendables debit card with $44/qtr -- $176/yr to spend on OTC health items.

Today, Dec 9, I received a phone call asking me to call back on a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week phone number to provide them some important information. No way am I touching that phone call.

I am very glad I have removed Blue Button access to anyone on my Medicare account.

Back