WellCare Announced Lifetime Renewals Today

As THE MA expert in CA, lifetime renewals are no big deal. the avg senior stays on one MA plan for about 3.5 yrs. Need help growing your business?

supersupps said:
As THE MA expert in CA, lifetime renewals are no big deal. the avg senior stays on one MA plan for about 3.5 yrs. Need help growing your business?

Luke where you been man.....Rick is always talking about his star pupil :)

I think MA will survive contrary to the political rhetoric. Sooner or later the politicians will realize that managed care can at least slow the bleeding to some extent. I believe Med Supps could be the dinosaurs over time, with no medical management, only the wealthy can afford the premiums in the future.

As far as I'm concerned every Medicare Plan has lifetime renewals. People don't stay on Med Sups more then 3 years and with the MA plans constantly changing 2 - 3 years is usually the max on those. I think I have about 5 client's that have went over their 6 years on same plan and commissions have been lowered. I wish GTL commissions were lifetime and paid like the 1st year, I could probably retire soon.

Wellcare is supposed to have a very strong MA plans this year in Fl. I did a little research to see they have paid over 220 million in fines since '07 and had 5 execs go to jail.

Not sure how you could spin that or would want to.

Indeed. My recollection is that they have been suspended by CMS once or twice as well because of marketing issues, etc.

Also, in the MA market, the network has to be taken into consideration as well. A plan can have the best benefits in the market at a given time but it's going to be a hard sell if the prospect's doctors and preferred hospital are not in network.

Cenla Agent said:
Indeed. My recollection is that they have been suspended by CMS once or twice as well because of marketing issues, etc.

Also, in the MA market, the network has to be taken into consideration as well. A plan can have the best benefits in the market at a given time but it's going to be a hard sell if the prospect's doctors and preferred hospital are not in network.

Here in central FL they have a very good plan. Zero premium, $50/day hospital. $0 pcp, $15 spc and $25 outpatient surgery. Surprising, they are one of only 3 other companies that have the major hospitals here too, joining BCBS, UHC and Humana. All the other companies only have one or two hospitals

Back