WellCare Medicare Part D heads up

UHC's MAPD's not in my area. No more MAPD than I'll sell, I'm only going to mess with Aetna and Lasso. I've got Humana and Wellcare, but they don't measure up to Aetna. Maybe if Wellcare offered the robotic comfort dogs and cats in this area, I might have to reconsider. :laugh:

Wellcare does look pretty good on PDP, but I guess their #'s are messed up. My wife has Wellcare Part D and I've been happy with them on that, but I'm switching her to Humana Walmart. If the #'s hold true, I'm switching from SilverScript to the Wellcare plan with no deductible.

I currently have 2 T65s from 2021 ending lasso effective 12/31 and going to Med Supp and they have to be GI -- meaning no comp beyond what I got from selling them Lasso.

If that doesn't put just a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth towards it then I don't know what will.

Both of them same thing: provider issues. Both of them gave the provider guide. Both of them got Lasso involved for "provider support." Both frustrated.

I have others on the book and OK, but not without any hiccups. Did a review with another one - frustrated by hoops and provider issues - but keeping Lasso because its a good deal. A few that love it. Not sure exactly how many Lasso I have maybe 12 or so? But 2 of 12 going GI, and several others frustrated, is no bueno.

Have you found providers in IL to be generally ok with it?

We just got Exemplar - I'm interested to see if they've really "fixed" the issues (they claim to).

I currently have 2 T65s from 2021 ending lasso effective 12/31 and going to Med Supp and they have to be GI -- meaning no comp beyond what I got from selling them Lasso.

If that doesn't put just a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth towards it then I don't know what will.

Both of them same thing: provider issues. Both of them gave the provider guide. Both of them got Lasso involved for "provider support." Both frustrated.

I have others on the book and OK, but not without any hiccups. Did a review with another one - frustrated by hoops and provider issues - but keeping Lasso because its a good deal. A few that love it. Not sure exactly how many Lasso I have maybe 12 or so? But 2 of 12 going GI, and several others frustrated, is no bueno.

We just got Exemplar - I'm interested to see if they've really "fixed" the issues (they claim to).

Lasso (and any MSA) is going to be a provider nightmare. I have a couple of people on it, specifically to get the providers that accept assignment, but its parents of clients and I told them it was going to be nightmare.

Until Blue or UHC, with their massive provider relations staff jumps into MSA, I'm out.

Not doubting @DS4 or his information source, but is Wellcare going to own up to this and make an announcement?

I assume Wellcare is the problem. As I understand it the quote engines get their data from the carriers.

Uh huh. As soon as I also say "I hate the beach"

Just got a message from my FMO, if you are running electronic plan finders, the results are wrong. Paper formularies are correct! WellCare hopes to have the issue corrected by 10.25.21. As luck would have it, I havent submitted any 2022 WellCare Part D plans. My FMO told me one agent has already submitted 75 apps.

What specifically is wrong??

I called a few providers in the area last year and 2 out of 3 said they accept all MA plans, the other wasn't sure. I'll sell as little MA as possible. Lasso looks like a good alternative as people's premium goes North of $250 a month.

We have Exemplar, but it's for Group?

Electronic Formularies are not correct compared to WellCare paper formularies. If I have time tomorrow, I’ll run a test

So this is a Wellcare problem not something caused by Accenture or who is running the Mcare plan finder?

Where Wellcare "shines" is low tier 1 generics that illustrate $1 copay's with brick and mortar stores and same for mail order.

In past years it was higher priced tier 2 & 3 drugs where their copay was noticeably lower than carriers with higher premiums.

So this is a Wellcare problem not something caused by Accenture or who is running the Mcare plan finder?

Where Wellcare "shines" is low tier 1 generics that illustrate $1 copay's with brick and mortar stores and same for mail order.

In past years it was higher priced tier 2 & 3 drugs where their copay was noticeably lower than carriers with higher premiums.

Its Wellcare, Bob

Accenture, Medicare.gov and whoever else get the files from Wellcare.

What a PITA. I don't have a lot, but its still a PITA

Reactions: DS4
Sunfire was showing a lot of incorrect tier levels for Wellcare's plans in early October. I reached out to my upline to let them know and they seemed to get everything corrected by week 2 or so.

Who uses paper supplies anymore?

Back