What a Bad Day!

Insurance-Guy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Well I am down one CSR at my main office anyway and need to hire someone and I had another CSR off today so I brought a CSR from my other location to help out today and MAN...I like to stay busy but this was crazy and it wasn't all a good busy either.

We lost 4 accounts today over premium which is odd and on a normal day if one person wanted to cancel I can take the time to talk to them and try to conserve the business or remarket-not today! Three accounts were together so it was auto home pup! Hate losing that and I will reach out but it will be to late now. We issued 3 new ones, and re-issued 3 policies that had been canceled. I must have talked to a dozen people about their renewals. And I don't know why but everyone in the world called to make their payment or came in the office to pay their bills today. A couple times today I had someone on every line and a couple people waiting to be helped in the office. Seriously is it a full moon?

Last edited:
Just try to remember, when you first started, and the office was quiet, and you wished for a day like today.

And this is bad day? Unless I misunderstood . . .

You lost four accounts but issued 3 new ones and recovered 3 more, you're up two.

People making their payments is what keeps you in business, another positive. Service is also what keeps your clients loyal to you so that's all good.

Keep your perspective my friend, sounds you're doing alright!

And enjoy the weekend!

;)

Well I am down one CSR at my main office anyway and need to hire someone and I had another CSR off today so I brought a CSR from my other location to help out today and MAN...I like to stay busy but this was crazy and it wasn't all a good busy either.

We lost 4 accounts today over premium which is odd and on a normal day if one person wanted to cancel I can take the time to talk to them and try to conserve the business or remarket-not today! Three accounts were together so it was auto home pup! Hate losing that and I will reach out but it will be to late now. We issued 3 new ones, and re-issued 3 policies that had been canceled. I must have talked to a dozen people about their renewals. And I don't know why but everyone in the world called to make their payment or came in the office to pay their bills today. A couple times today I had someone on every line and a couple people waiting to be helped in the office. Seriously is it a full moon?

lol... That is so funny if it gets busy and the phone gets crazy someone will say something like I just wish the phone would stop...my famous line is "I pay a lot of money to make those phones ring" it so funny anytime anyone says anything about the phones everyone says "we know we know it cost a lot of money to make those phones ring"

Seriously I wanted to cut the phone off today for awhile.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fellas I am not trying to complain but I don't know how to explain how busy it was. Yes it is great for payments, and policy changes but when you don't have adequate staff to handle it...you don't actually have the time to spend with your clients to provide good service.

Both of my offices stay busy and I am greatful...I have 12 resumes on my desk and I haven't had time to set up interviews at all. I just need a drink! And a vacation!

Last edited:
That wasn't a bad day, just a little stressful with some headaches. This too shall pass. Be thankful you are healthy and intelligent and was able to rise up to the challenge. Now you are kicked back at home chillin. It is all a matter of perspective. Some people had a really bad day today like the death of a loved one or finding out they have cancer or were laid off from their job.

That wasn't a bad day, just a little stressful with some headaches. This too shall pass. Be thankful you are healthy and intelligent and was able to rise up to the challenge. Now you are kicked back at home chillin. It is all a matter of perspective. Some people had a really bad day today like the death of a loved one or finding out they have cancer or were laid off from their job.

X you are right when put in perspective my day was great. I was just venting... I do feel better!

Back