What Are YOUR Criteria for a Cold Call/knock List?

308ar10

Expert
Florida
Just curious what some of you experienced agents have to say about this. I would imagine it would vary widely by product. What does your 'ideal lead' look like for these categories:

- Final Expense
- Term Life

Ex: Married, age 65-75, income 15k-50k

Cold calling vs. door knocking.. any changes you make between the two?

Any and all help is appreciated. :)

I don't door knock but wonder if you just went to every door one by one and varied what you were selling based upon who answers the door if you'd do well.

Just thinking out loud. Then you don't need "no stinkin' list."

Rick

Income: 15-50K
No P.O. Boxes

That will give you a good initial list to call or mail for Final Expense. I don't care if they are married or not or homeowners or not.

Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

You have two general markets for insurance:
- Residential
- Business

Within Residential, you have two general markets:
- Working Families
- Retirees

If you develop two main approaches for these two general markets... that ought to work out.

Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

You have two general markets for insurance:
- Residential
- Business

Within Residential, you have two general markets:
- Working Families
- Retirees

If you develop two main approaches for these two general markets... that ought to work out.

Yeah if you had one good carrier for term and FE for the initial approach and maybe an accident/disability policy and flex premium annuity you can provide the working family benefits they might not have from work to protect their retirement and paycheck.

That is what I'm thinking. For door knocking every door, yeah, it would be best to have two full approaches ready and once they answer I will know which one to go with.

For the call list I was getting hung up on (no pun intended) the age and income ranges.

The FE crowd on here has a pretty close consensus. I used a few peoples ranges from previous threads, averaged them out and weighted those in my state the heaviest. Ended up being very close to the figures PCB posted above. I went with ages 50-80 and income 10k-55k. Makes sense with the product offering and the income range around here. It should be a good fit.

But term products has got me wondering... Just thinking for buying/sorting call lists who should I be seeking out for that? I would think 50k+ income but what ages do you recommend? 30-45?

Latest posts

Back