What Clinches It When Buying Health Insurance?

pahealthquotes

Guru
1000 Post Club
what do you think is the most important factor that makes someone buy health insurance?

affordable rate
best product
company recognition
agents advice
uncle bob and aunt susie have same plan
just want to be insured

would a client pay 20-30 more in monthly premium for the same coverage offered thru BCBS because of its reputation or would the consumer purchase a lesser known company to save money?:skeptical:

Re: What Clinches It?

It all depends on the prospect.

What would make an insurance agent ask such a lame, unfocused question on a forum with hundreds of experienced insurance agents?

pahealthquotes, why are you even on this forum?

It all depends on the prospect.

What would make an insurance agent ask such a lame, unfocused question on a forum with hundreds of experienced insurance agents?

pahealthquotes, why are you even on this forum?

medicare plan solutions.. why are you peddling **** arse leads on this site? what you charge 10 bucks to 4 different agents all chasing the same lead? is that your sole purpose for being here? please run your scam elsewhere.

medicare plan solutions.. why are you peddling **** arse leads on this site? what you charge 10 bucks to 4 different agents all chasing the same lead? is that your sole purpose for being here? please run your scam elsewhere.

I'm actually not taking any new clients at this time, but thanks for the interest.

what do you think is the most important factor that makes someone buy health insurance?

affordable rate
best product
company recognition
agents advice
uncle bob and aunt susie have same plan
just want to be insured

would a client pay 20-30 more in monthly premium for the same coverage offered thru BCBS because of its reputation or would the consumer purchase a lesser known company to save money?:skeptical:

I think overall it varies, But in Florida I am amazed at how many want the blues. Then some cash is king, what can I get for $23 a month LoL!

Many agents sell out of their own pocket, and to many agents, this makes it all about price.

No 2 prospects are the same, but price is usually what gets you a seat at the table to have a conversation about actually having the right coverage. Clients give value to name recognition, so the blues get a premium for this, in some cases.

What I find interesting with health sales (and it shows where peoples heads are at sometimes), it the copays and sometimes the deductible are the place they want to start the conversation. This usually doesn't last long when you get around to the premium!

Dan

In my opinion this depends on you're client, and the type of client you are looking for, and what they had in mind when they inquired about insurance.

For myself, I recently purchased a new auto ins policy.

I have not had a ticket nor any kind of accident .....ever.

I just wanted the cheapest policy that met the state's requirement. So for my situation, it was all about price, value....I could care less.

Price is important.....but car insurance is a different beast altogether.

Car insurance is like life insurance: Its always about the price. They NEVER expect to use their insurance so they don't really care about the company etc.

Health is different. Most clients EXPECT to use it (which is a misnomer in itself)

Back