What Happens to my Contract when a FMO Sells Agency?

Lrice

Hello,

I heard my FMO may be selling his agency. What will happen to my contract with him? Can I get a release? Am I stuck with the new agency?

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I heard my FMO may be selling his agency. What will happen to my contract with him? Can I get a release? Am I stuck with the new agency?

Thank you for your help.

You should just go ahead and get released ahead of time to be certain.

If I thought I would get a straight & truthful answer from my FMO I would ask but because of past experiences I thought I would ask to see if someone here would know.

----------

You should just go ahead and get released ahead of time to be certain.

Thank you. I'll try. I haven't done this before. Do I just send them an email?

If I thought I would get a straight & truthful answer from my FMO I would ask but because of past experiences I thought I would ask to see if someone here would know.

----------

Thank you. I'll try. I haven't done this before. Do I just send them an email?

What line of insurance? If life traditional or FE? Are you paid from the companies or the IMO?

I had my contract "sold" a couple of times. I refused to sign with another agency so was allowed to move.

The other time the agency told me they would release me after AEP and I have letter stating that. I have found no need to trigger the release.

But it's really a dirty deal that we are owned by anyone. Slavery was abolished 150 years ago. But apparently not in this industry.

Rick

Good point.

Let's say Goodguy Agency says they release on demand. Well, mostly kinda. No debt.... Etc... What happens if The Goodguy agency decides for what ever reason to change their mind?

Back