What Script Are Your Telemarketers Using??

Instead of posting another "How does this script sound" thread I thought I would turn things around a bit...

I have been using a hired telemarketer for about two and half weeks now to do my cold calling and she is working from a script I provided her. She is calling two lines at a time and setting roughly 2-3 phone appointments per three hour session. Luckily, her rates are almost embarrassingly low.

When I was doing this myself I could get anywhere from 4-6 phone and 1 or 2 in person appointments in the same amount of time. Now, I was not reading from a script, I was tailoring my pitch to what worked best for me. She is somewhat hesitant to run with it, so to speak.

I guess my question is, for those of you that use an in-house telemarketer, how do you get them to have the most success? What scripts are you using?

FWIW, here is what she is currently using to get the ball rolling:

“Hello Mr./Mrs. _______, my name is __________, I'm with XXX insurance agency and the reason I'm calling is to let you know that we have drastically lowered our auto insurance rates in Kansas City. We would love to give you a no obligation review and quote on your current vehicles to see how much money our new rates could save you. It’s not uncommon for us to save someone $400 a year or more over companies like Allstate, State Farm, GEICO or American Family. How many vehicles do you currently insure?"

Back