Medicare t65 script, supps

spuds77

I have been working a 67 to 70 leads list, but I would also like try a t65 list. Does any one have a phone script to get appts for this demographic. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I’m calling because I received a card from you about your upcoming Medicare. You start Medicare this October, correct?
What I do is help people out that are new to Medicare. Show you what it covers, what it cost and what options you have.
I’ve only done F2F successfully so at that point I set the appt

I'm in agreement with you on the F2F approach. The telephone is becoming progressively harder as time passes. It certainly would not be me making those phone calls. I'll pay someone to do it.

I have been working a 67 to 70 leads list, but I would also like try a t65 list. Does any one have a phone script to get appts for this demographic. Thanks in advance.

i have found this one;
the reason I’m calling is that I am reaching out to all people turning 65 in the next year because of the transition onto Social Security and Medicare for most Americans
. We just want to introduce ourselves, talk a little bit about Social security, Medicare, and Medicare Supplements, and that is all.
I wondering if there was anything better?

spuds77 said:

We just want to introduce ourselves, talk a little bit about Social security, Medicare, and Medicare Supplements, and that is all.

What are you planning to tell them about Social Security? When to collect it or how it ties into their Medicare bennies?

i have found this one;
the reason I’m calling is that I am reaching out to all people turning 65 in the next year because of the transition onto Social Security and Medicare for most Americans
. We just want to introduce ourselves, talk a little bit about Social security, Medicare, and Medicare Supplements, and that is all.
I wondering if there was anything better?

WAY too wordy.

Many will hang up before the phrase "the reason I am calling . . ." is complete. If you want to cold call T65 make it short and to the point. Start with asking a question.

"Are you turning 65 soon and confused about Medicare?"

Unless your list is bogus you should almost always get a "yes" answer. You may not feel comfortable with the follow up, but my next comment would be "Perhaps I can help. What questions do you have about Medicare?"

Most T65's are looking for ANSWERS not a sales pitch.

I don't cold call but ALL of my conversations begin with "How can I help?"

I never pitch a product. I call it the "no selling zone".

Some folks just want a rate so I give it to them, but only if they ask. My follow up "Is there anything else you need?"

If they say "no" then I lead into Part D.

"Have you picked a drug plan yet?"

This opens up a new level of conversation and reveals how little they know about drug plans. That provides an opportunity to shake them up a bit when I say this.

"Most of Medicare is relatively easy. Drug plans have a lot of moving parts. Make the wrong choice and you can end up paying an extra $50/mo or more for your medications. If you choose the wrong plan or the wrong drug store you will pay too much. I know a number of agents that cannot explain Part D. They usually solve that problem by always selling the same plan to everyone. Would you like to know more?"

I also run into a lot of folks who don't take any medications or they "don't need a drug plan" since their medication only costs a few dollars. "I will wait until I need a plan and buy it then".

And my response is . . .

"Medicare says you don't have to buy a drug plan if you don't want to. But if you fail to enroll in a plan when first eligible you can only buy during open enrollment. AND you will pay a late enrollment penalty every month for the rest of your life."

By now I have their attention.

I let them ask a few questions but then I say, "I would love to help but I only offer advice about drug plans for my Medicare supplement clients".

If they are not hooked by now they never will be.

Word of advice, if you don't really understand drug plans this won't work. If your default is to always recommend a plan that does not have a deductible then you probably don't know how the plans work.

Back