What Stats Resonate with Prospects?

LTC is the one, truly emotional sale. Everything else is about leverage premium dollars. But LTC is the exact opposite. Until you have a client that has been a caregiver or paid for care, you don't have a chance at a sale. People do LTC planning because they don't want their family going thru what they did when they had to provide the care. The only time a number ever comes into play is when you are designing the policy, looking at the cost of care.

Fueled by deceptive press, some adopted an attitude that there is no point in LTCi since insurance carrier will find a way to dispose of the claims once they've collected 30 years worth of premiums, or force client to cancel by raising rates beyond what is affordable at some point in the future. No stats will help with this.

These are easy to overcome. Just give them the facts, not the stats.

Tell them about the Rate Stability Regulation and tell them about the federal gov't's audit of the top LTCi insurers' claims practices.

LTC is the one, truly emotional sale. Everything else is about leverage premium dollars. But LTC is the exact opposite. Until you have a client that has been a caregiver or paid for care, you don't have a chance at a sale. People do LTC planning because they don't want their family going thru what they did when they had to provide the care. The only time a number ever comes into play is when you are designing the policy, looking at the cost of care.

Stats no! Emotion, stories, questions, yes!

As a consumer, there are stats that I want to know. I want to know the stats of how many increases in the cost. I want to know stats on paying claims. I want to know the stats on how people are buying and what they are buying.

We want stats that show the bottom line. How much is it costing and what are the chances of it going up and being there in the future?

previously posted by yankee466

Good info in there. Upon second thought, I think I'll start to use everyone of those 50 statistics on my next presenttion.

I'll report back to you and let you know how it went.

:biggrin:

I have had a few Engineering and CPA type clients who seem to like a few stats as part of the decision making process, they tend not to be driven quite as much on emotions as others...especially if their mom is not currently in assisted living like mine is.

Back