Votes: 8 53.3%
  • $200-$499

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • $499+

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-A good logo will run about $40-50.
-WP Themes-I would charge $25-$50 for depending on the design the client wants and functionality.
-Contact/Lead Capture Forms. Just a basic contact form, you can use a plugin for free, quote engine intergration or more elaborate quote contact form 50-100.
-content $10/page, not counting about me/contact us which is boiler plate anyhow.

Plus your time......

I feel screwed! I gave Josh the domain Welcome to ObamaHealthPlan.com! for payment to build my site.

He's probably made over $1,000 today alone in click throughs.

I'll keep you updated. $3 today and the thing isn't even indexed yet (or at least wasn't as of a few hours ago). We'll see what happens.

*update*: the main page is indexed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What about three levels, $99, $149, $199... With each step adding a bell or whistle or two....having access to content would be helpful.

That's a pretty good idea. Maybe I should have some "stock content" options. Wouldn't do much for SEO, but would help fill it in for clients.

Last edited:
Content was my biggest challenge. I didn't want to write it, so I hired two different writers. They both sucked, so I had to write what I wanted them to do and ended up writing it myself. A good content writer has my respect. Now I just need a good designer.

If you can provide original content, then you should charge $500-$800.

Hmm, building a website without content is 20 minutes work.
Building content is actually the stumbling block for most agents.

It shouldn't cost more than $99 to build basically a static website, hosted or not (hosting is dirt, dirt cheap, even free). But the content is king. You say agents can add their own, but I'm willing to bet this is why more agents don't have a site.

My suggestion is to build the site, offer 10 basic articles with a new one every month (replacing one of the 10) and people will sign up. Make it easy. Agents shouldn't be spending a lot of time on their website, they should be selling.

So basically, offer a couple of cookie cutter sites, pretty inexpensive, that are turnkey and then offer to customize them and SEO them as needed.

Dan

If you can provide original content, then you should charge $500-$800.

I'm a writer, and not a terrible one.

I've got a ton of content... five years of semi-monthly newsletters. I've yet to meet the agent who would pay me $500 for either something I've written or for something he/she wants written.

(Perhaps it is because most of what I've written sucks? :yes: :laugh: )

Al
I am here.

I agree on content being king but for any type of marketing it always has been. For many the writing of compelling sales copy that converts in the stumbling block. I wouldn't get in the business of knocking out cookie cutter sites for agents on a bet unless you've got a way to provide each of them unique compelling content and they should know the fee for that upfront but you've also got to be able to deliver that service.

True web design is expensive - and it should be. These are webmasters/graphic artists who spend a great deal of time coming up with a unique concept for your site. Those sites can run thousands and it's justifiable.

Any template site or WP site? I wouldn't pay anyone a nickle over $100 to set up.

Content is indeed the issue. Some agents don't care if their site has duplicate content. They just want a web presence. Other agents want to focus on SEO - then you need original content.

That's when things can get tricky. Content written just for SEO purposes can be quite painful for people to read. Writing content that's engaging for consumers AND SEO is a talent and a talent that needs to be financially rewarded.

I've been doing insurance marketing for years now. A good agency website should run $499 and up. I work with Synergy Direct Solution and we provide all aspects of Insurance Marketing. Please feel free to drop me a note for more information.

I think it is a huge open-ended question. It depends on what the agent wants to use the site for. I was hit hard by Panda and penguin Google updates. My traffic dropped by 70 percent. I decided to do a custom redesign. I used someone that has a lot of knowledge of "what converts". I depend on leads from my site.

Once I did the update and redesign I started getting leads again. My traffic was still down but more visitors started filling out my forms.

I did pay a little more for a custom redesign but it has really paid off. A lot of time and thought went into the design. The time and effort that went into this was more than someone could do for 199.

I started doing redesigns on my money sites but would not spend as much on some of the smaller micro sites.

Also, like someone stated before, most agents cant or do not want to spend time keeping up fresh and relevant content. Maybe you should do a poll or post with what each price level would include. Good question though, Josh.

Back