When Customers Get Nasty or Demand Attention?

:err::shocked:... how did she know I was going to join?

I forget me sometimes as well, until I remind myself who is me and then remember who I am... most of the time I forget because I'm behind on my meds. :yes:
Howdy Doody was one of the accounts I used while I was banned in 2015. It's been 7 years since I used it, and I really had forgotten about it.:biggrin::twitchy:

I'll put up with a lot, but there are certain things that will get me to fire a client. The larger the client, the more I put up with. I've been doing this 11 years, and I have fired less than a dozen clients. I don't like doing it, but I will when I have to.

So, you'd put up with a lot from this guy.
View attachment 8265

Yup. Especially the guy on the right.

6fcbdc08-41d3-4039-81e8-004cd99fa2a6.jpg

I'll put up with a lot, but there are certain things that will get me to fire a client. The larger the client, the more I put up with. I've been doing this 11 years, and I have fired less than a dozen clients. I don't like doing it, but I will when I have to.

I move quickly to greener pastures, maybe too quickly. But, in the FE world, there are truly a "1000 cattle on a 1000 hills."

I had a situation like this recently. I've known the guy for about 14 years.

Guy isn't a dick or anything, but he just doesn't respect my time. He reached out because he wanted to switch MAPD plans in October. I'd call him back, can't leave VM, shoot a text. Three weeks later, same thing, three weeks later same thing.

The last straw was last week. Wanted an appointment on Wednesday. No problem. Called at the time he said, no answer. Text me on Thanksgiving to call on Friday. I sent him the link and phone number to the company he wanted to switch to and told him I'd spent more time chasing him than I usually would and it wouldn't be a good fit.

I fire prospects often. My goal is to build as passive of a book as I can, as this is a side business for me. So, if they don't want to work the way I do, "Thank you for the call, I'm just not the right fit for you. Let me give you a number of an agent better suited to your needs."

Then I block them. I've come to terms they're not a good fit for me... No need to keep having people call, text, or email me.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but there are plenty of agents and prospects out there. When you know they type of business you want to write, it's easy to call it early.. which makes your book healthy.

For example, if someone tells me that they've just moved to Northern MI and have never been here before, I usually pass. The first winter really creates an environment that leads to chargebacks. Especially if the provider only does advanced, like UHC.

For example, if someone tells me that they've just moved to Northern MI and have never been here before, I usually pass. The first winter really creates an environment that leads to chargebacks. Especially if the provider only does advanced, like UHC.

:laugh:

The old "you gotta live in an igloo for a quarter before I'll sell you insurance" test!
Love it!
:D

:laugh:

The old "you gotta live in an igloo for a quarter before I'll sell you insurance" test!
Love it!
:D

Usually, I get them on something else, like do you sell "X" or "I want an in-person appointment."

I try to be direct about the issue. It's nothing against them. It's just people that who come up here for the first time really don't know what they get themselves into. I love NMI, but it only took 7 years to get there and I still get seasonal depression.

Someone that moves here from AZ or the warmer and sunnier climates usually haul ass around Jan/Feb.. when it's the worst.

Back