When Do You Call?

lhkorn99

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
If you buy internet leads, i'd be curious to see how you handle this.

If you get a lead at 8 or 9pm at night, do you call right away, or wait for the next day?

If a lead comes in at 8AM do you wait until 9am to call?

Do you make calls on Saturdays and Sundays, and if so, what times?

If you get a lead at 8 or 9pm at night, do you call right away, or wait for the next day?

It is imperative to do an autoresponder for the lead at the very least or if the lead has enough data, provide a quote ASAP by email and call first thing in the morning (business Day) after emailing.

This will put your average close rate from 10% to 25-30% immediately. It follows the idea, first touch, first closed.

We will call up until 8:30pm and as early as 8am. Early and often--that is how you succeed. Even if you make contact at 8:30pm, you can at least schedule a call for the following day if the are not receptive to a late night insurance discussion. google "mit lead study"

We will call up until 8:30pm and as early as 8am. Early and often--that is how you succeed. Even if you make contact at 8:30pm, you can at least schedule a call for the following day if the are not receptive to a late night insurance discussion. google "mit lead study"
Thank you. I appreciate the info.

I call as soon as I get the lead, unless it's an obscene hour (i.e., 3am). After that, I call it like a maniac until I get someone on the phone. :1laugh:

Ive always been taught to call immediately. I guess it depends on how hot the lead is. If they are immediately the lead right after the person submits a request than call 3o minutes after you receive it. Sooner the better.

Tough one because there have been times when I've called people too early (before 9am) or too late (after 8pm) and you irritate them by doing so. Hard to recover from a bad first impression because for the next few days you're remembered as the person that called too early or late and by then you've missed your chance.

Just me but I always felt bad calling after 8pm or before 9am, but I would call on Saturday...930-11am. I think some times it is OK but have to go with the majority and ask yourself it you would want to get a sales call after 8pm or before 9am?

Granted you do have to call quick b/c it's an Internet lead... I just always generated my own leads due to the price and urgency with Internet leads.

I would call in the evening up until 9:00. When I was at AIL I use to run appointments set for 9 p.m.

You can call up until 9pm...and if it's a fresh lead just submitted to you, call them...tell them you know its late but you wanted to reach out to them to either speak now or set a time for next day.

I would call the 8am lead too when received.

Saturdays - 9-3 anything received during this time, jump on it.

Sundays - When I worked leads, if I received on Sunday, i sent quick email asking if they wanted to speak today or Monday.

If you just received the lead and it's early/late, chances are you're not bothering them by calling immediately since they just submitted.

Saturday is a great day to reach people.

Back