Where and what to Write??

LAPINSGRP

Expert
Hello, I am looking to figure out how and what type of policy I could write for homeowners that park vehicles on their lawns during stadium events?

More specifically the Buffalo Bills is a massive tailgating event and all of the homeowners close to the stadium capitilize on parking cars on thier property for $15 -$25 per car and generally get 25-50 each time.

I live in the same area and would like to market to these homeowners.

Thanks

What specifically are you trying to cover?

If said tailgater gives permission to homeowner to move their car there is coverage under tailgaters auto policy.
If said tailgater trips on homeowners lawns there is coverage under HO policy.

Are you trying to get primary non owned auto physical damage? I would think the NY assigned risk would be the only home for that. And the paperwork would not justify the commission rec'd to make it worth your while.

If you are asking about this there must have been incidents? What was the natures of the incidents?

What specifically are you trying to cover?

If said tailgater gives permission to homeowner to move their car there is coverage under tailgaters auto policy.
If said tailgater trips on homeowners lawns there is coverage under HO policy.

Are you trying to get primary non owned auto physical damage? I would think the NY assigned risk would be the only home for that. And the paperwork would not justify the commission rec'd to make it worth your while.

If you are asking about this there must have been incidents? What was the natures of the incidents?

My thoughts are that these homeowners are making over 2k per year parking cars on their property. My understanding is that they now have an in home business with respect to what constitutes a in home business on the ho policy and then possibly no liability if someone was to get injured while parked on the lawn or what if a car damages the property during that event is also what I am concerned about.

My thoughts are that these homeowners are making over 2k per year parking cars on their property. My understanding is that they now have an in home business with respect to what constitutes a in home business on the ho policy and then possibly no liability if someone was to get injured while parked on the lawn or what if a car damages the property during that event is also what I am concerned about.

Like you said a HO policy caps an in home business at $2k. But I'm sure that is all cash in your case so good luck to the insurance company trying to deny the claim based on the $2k clause.

Back