Where/How Do You Like to Network?

I prefer investing groups, my alumni association and some local hobby clubs. Obviously, its easier to strike up conversation with strangers when you have something in common.

Where do you like to network/meet new prospects? How do you go about it? Do you take an active approach or do you listen in on conversations waiting for a chance to jump in?

BNI has worked very well for me. We are in 3 different groups. One member specifically has referred me 14 closed sales in two years (I just had a meeting with him which is why I know the exact number).

The first and third Tuesday at 7:30am I facilitate Re:Focus on Referrals

The first and third Wednesday at 11:30 am, I attend the Networking Lunch group at Marriott Century Center

Every Wednesday, I attend the JNA, at 7:30 am
Every Wednesday, I attend the Tucker Networking Group at 9:30 at Matthews Cafeteria

On Friday mornings, I volunteer at the Atlanta Job Seekers Group at 8:30 am in Dunwoody

One Friday per month I attend the Succession Planning Professionals - Atlanta in Piedmont Center at 8:00 am

I stay clear of BNI, PowerCore, Chamber of Commerce.

onefastpony said:
Okay, I'm new. Why not the CoC? And what is BNI?

CoCs tend to be saturated..at least in my area... bni is a business networking/referral organization that only allows one member from each type of business. Google it for a better description.

Back