Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's House.

Re: Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's Hous

It might also because he takes it more serious, knowing his records indicate he closes more business that way.

Or because at his office he can carry concealed while I was meeting with a lot of clients at thier jobs and a lot of places you couldn't :)

Or because at his office he can carry concealed while I was meeting with a lot of clients at thier jobs and a lot of places you couldn't :)

What is the point of being concealed? It isn't intimidating unless they can see it and know you are serious. Don't call yourself a closer, unless you are a hard closer.
:twitchy:

Damn, he knows my secret!!! lol
You have to use the .45 though, a smaller gun just isnt intimidating enough :cool:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It might also because he takes it more serious, knowing his records indicate he closes more business that way.

I keep records for both. But yeah, I probably am in the moment more so when in the office as opposed to at someones house.
But you never know, it might be the same with the prospect too...
That might also be because someone has to be a little more serious to take the time to get ready and go to someone's office.

I totally agree.

For a client to sit at their house and just wait for you to stop by, means that they are interested.

For a client to actually take the time to come to my office means that they are serious about taking action.

For the fact-finding, many of my appointments are at their home; but to present the proposal, thats when I press hard for the office visit. It can help to weed out the looky-loos

But its not a hard rule, if I think that I can close it but they resist coming to my office, I will of course still see them at their house.
Hell, if I think that I can close it I will meet them on a street corner! :D

Think about this for a second:
Many agents strive to have the trust level with their clients that most lawyers or CPAs do. I cant tell you how many times I have heard this, and said this myself at times.

Does your CPA come to your kitchen table to do your taxes each year?
Does your lawyer? (yeah, I know that some will meet you wherever, but most of your better ones mainly meet in the office)

Its not that hard to get clients to meet you in your office. I was very surprised when I first started to ask.

Just tell them that you think it would really benefit them if they took the time to meet you in your office to go over the firm proposal. If they are within a reasonable distance it works most of the time. Its rare that I get a lot of push back about meeting in my office, sometimes it might delay the process a few days, but its worth it.

Last edited:

If you have a good product that meets the clients needs and are able to explain the product and answer their questions, you can meet them anywhere. I have had alot of luck with them coming to my office, its not a home office though so I cant help you there.

I use IHOP sometimes.

So what is the ranking of places, is Denny's on the low end? Where do you take the high end prospects, Cracker Barrel or Perkins?

Well since I can't use the Oprah coupons to get free chicken at KFC, I use McDonalds.

No actually, I've done a nice bit of business at a local coffee shop.

If they are really high end I take them to Le Bec Fin (a five-star restaurant in Philly with a Prix fixe menu). My second choice is Burger King.:laugh:

If they are really high end I take them to Le Bec Fin (a five-star restaurant in Philly with a Prix fixe menu). My second choice is Burger King.:laugh:

I love it!

"Sorry ma'am, you're too middle class for me. I only work with millionaires and bums. I saw the new Ford you drove here in, come back when it is a Mercedes or a Pinto!"
:D

I find that working out of the trunk of my car gives seniors the excitement they miss from their youth.

Back