Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's House.

Re: Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's Hous

Good post.

Let me add that I don't see clients in my office because I don't want to wait for people to come to me. It's easier to book an open spot created by a cancelled appt if I'm out in the field.

My clients know I spend most of my time out of the office, so they don't ask to visit me. Who knows, maybe they're lazy.

The reality is OP probably isn't doing much, if any annuity business, or he wouldn't be asking. But if he would like some training, I'll be happy to show him the trunk of my car.

I like to go to their home this way I know they will have all the necessary papers there that I may need or would like to look at. It also gives me a feel for exactly whom I'm dealing with by looking at the surroundings. You can learn a lot about people once you are in the home. Only thing I can't stand is if they have a dog that barks nonstop.

I bring a portable printer, my laptop and wireless card.

Thanks for all the responses. I posted this thread to get a handle on what seems to work best out there when selling annuities. I'm in the process of moving in the next 6 months and haven't decided whether I will rent an office or put an office in my home. I like the idea of people coming to me since then I know they are truly interested. The jokes are great but some more solid advice would be helpful so I can make my decision. Lets continue this discussion with some good feedback to help my decision.

Rich

I think Scagent83 gave you some sound advice, the one main problem with your questions are that without really good prospecting and a strong call to action it doesnt matter if you have the nicest offices or a card board box.

You have to have way to get them in the office and that is what I would be more concerned about then anything else.

What lines are you working in now?

....You have to have way to get them in the office and that is what I would be more concerned about then anything else.....quote]

Then and than, than and then, here we go again. Thanks, Harry, for helping me towards 5,000!:)

Good post BTW as was that of scagent83!

I am selling mostly group health insurance now where I go to client's offices. I wanted to expand my offerings since health insurance right now may not be around as we know it in a couple of years.

Rich

I am selling mostly group health insurance now where I go to client's offices. I wanted to expand my offerings since health insurance right now may not be around as we know it in a couple of years.

Rich

I would think that sticking in the business field might suit your prospecting styles better (since your already used to it).

First of all; group health isnt going anywhere... at least not in the next 5-6 years... and even then, I doubt that the market will be extinct.

But if your that concerned about it, try breaking into the 401K market, or the deferred comp market.
Both of those sides of the biz are booming at the moment.

If you are already doing group health, then you should have a great prospecting base and already have an "in", so to speak.

If you can acquire the 401K plan, or start a deferred comp plan for an owner of a business; his personal assets are easy pickings.
Just give them the old "its really important that we coordinate the planning of your work assets with your personal assets" and all of a sudden your in...

And to add another response to your original question: when i work with business owners, I almost always go see them at their office first; its usually about 60/40 (in my favor) for them coming to my office for the close.
But dealing with business owners is different than a normal "individual" prospect.

If they are really high end I take them to Le Bec Fin (a five-star restaurant in Philly with a Prix fixe menu). My second choice is Burger King.:laugh:

or one of the 95 exit ramp pretzel stands.:1cute:

Now I'm just bummed out. We don't have any pretzel stands on or off I95.

We don't have pretzel stands or I95. I wonder if that is why my annuity production lags everything else?

Yes, we have I95 and pretzels stands, but they don't go together. It is dangerous enough having automobiles on I95 without having pretzels stands. But if you haven't had a soft pretzel slathered with mustard at one of the many stands in downtown Philly, you haven't lived! They are delicious.:)

Back