Which Direct Mail House Do You

5pill

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
trust to send out all 1000 pcs. that you pay for? I don't see how they can do it for $400 and make any money. But then, I'm not in that business.

How would you know if you got all 1000 sent out? Just believe? Or because someone said use "so and so company" cause their GREAT!

Or do you ask them for a post office receipt with the mail date and number of pieces going to the zip code you ordered?

Maybe you ask for a print out of all the recipients info along WITH the PO receipts.

Just how can you tell they really sent ALL 1000 mailers out to the area you requested?:skeptical:Maybe there's no way to know.

Last edited:
That's a good question. Any answers.

Although I have not had any direct mail pieces sent out in several years I remember some companies offered, at an additional charge, to send the agent a list of everyone who they sent it to.

The purpose was to enable the agent to contact them and to inquire about the mailing and ask why they didn't return the card. I don't know if there are companies still offering that or not. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Add your name to the mailing list.

Cost Break down:
1000 x .23 (Post Card Postage Rate) = $230
1000 / $107 = $.10 per piece (If the Gang Run it this cost is feasible)

Standard (new term for "bulk") rate postage should average about $240 per thousand. Lead cards are lasered for 2 - 4 cents per "impression", and if cards are run 6 or 8-up, each impression is just a fraction of a cent.

Companies today mail everything ordered, and don't short their customers. If they did, they would be out of business in a heartbeat.

You can always ask for a USPS 3602 form, which is proof of mailing -- unless the mail house "co-mingles/gang run" orders, which most do.

Excel copy of mailfile is available for $20-$40 from most direct mail companies, and you can get scrubbed phones also, as long as you have a SAN number.

Try not to get too hung-up on your return percentage (cost-per-lead), and focus instead on your cost-per-sale. Only then does your expense become income.

atlantainsguy

just stay away from LEADS2SUCCESS mailing house

Can you possibly be specific as to why? I saw you posted these exact words in at least one more thread. It would be very helpful if there was more to the story about Leads2Success that we could all benefit from.

Thanks in advance.

Can you possibly be specific as to why? I saw you posted these exact words in at least one more thread. It would be very helpful if there was more to the story about Leads2Success that we could all benefit from.

Thanks in advance.

visit my thread in getting started section of forum, or pm me

Nevermind, I got my own answer about Leads2Success.

I mailed 1,500 cards in a rural Florida retirement-heavy county.
I got 3 cards back. Sorry, got 4 cards back. The fourth one put that she was 94 years old.

Multiple attempts to reach the company were in vain.
Oh, and on the 3 lead cards that I did get back, I got them 14 days later -after they were postmarked by the senior. I got them in the mail, not in my e-mail as initially promised. I was told this was a clerical error on my part as I had not put my e-mail address on the order form. Problem is, the order form was sent back and forth by e-mail as a PDF and had my e-mail address on it just fine. Then e-mails went back and forth to approve the FE piece.:no:

You live and you learn...

Back