Which States Are Offering "0" ???

Further down in the email it says this:

Why BlueCross is only paying commissions for Individual/Marketplace renewals and ancillary plans

In July, we announced several changes designed to help manage operational costs related to Individual/Marketplace plans, such as no longer accepting credit cards in 2017 and ending the use of our direct enrollment platform.

As we continue working to manage costs on behalf of our members, we must make another hard decision. We will not be able to offer broker commissions for new On-Marketplace and Off-Marketplace Individual plans with January 1, 2017 and later effective dates.

This was a difficult decision and we regret the impact it will have on you as our broker partners. But we have to find new ways to manage costs associated with this line of business.

Despite these challenges, we value your role in continuing to serve our members and we will continue paying commissions on:

Renewals of Individual/Marketplace plans that first took effect before January 1, 2017

Individual dental plans

Individual vision plans

Does this mean policyholders in Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville will not have their policies renewed? Just a matter of time before Humana and Cigna will announce the same.

Yes, that is what I take it to mean. Only will be paid renewals on the counties where coverage will be offered in 2017, on current customers.

They keep saying individual/marketplace. I assume that "individual" means off-exchange and on-exchange.

Well, off to send out some more direct mail pieces to Medicare beneficiaries! I think I will send out an email to my U65 people. Can't afford the postage for people I can't afford to service anymore!

Beyond the first sentence, where does it mention commissions being 0% in the other counties? They are doing the same as BC AZ, only covering the rural single carrier counties. It's going to be a common BC theme as announcements come.

Commission amendment is up on the broker portal,

On Marketplace- Not Applicable
Off Marketplace -Not Applicable

Back