Which states have low returns for Direct Mail?

Was wondering which are the tough states to get a good response from for direct mail? We are starting a fixed price direct mail program for agents and want to be careful with certain states and counties. Would like to hear which states and even which counties within those states are difficult, I would guess all of Florida?

Was wondering which are the tough states to get a good response from for direct mail? We are starting a fixed price direct mail program for agents and want to be careful with certain states and counties. Would like to hear which states and even which counties within those states are difficult, I would guess all of Florida?

Who is your upline?

:) just joking.

They're all tough, some just tougher than others. Tougher would be: Fl., Ga., SC, NC, Tx, Ca. and maybe a few others I don't know about. Spanish DM is even tougher than english.

With more people being in some kind of lock down at home and the rat race of life slowing down for a few weeks I have a hunch that DM response rates will go up during this time. Quality may not change.

I always tell agents that the best mail response states are the ones that have snow. As you get away from snow you have tougher mail returns.

If you are running your mail as a break even (not a profit center) to supply your agents you have to be careful about adverse selection just like insurance companies do on health conditions.

The agents in the worst mail areas will flock to you. So choose agents carefully. If they are in a bad area I only take them on if they are committed to writing a lot of premium. If they are just dabbling in FE as a side gig or not moving all of their contracts to you, the relationship might not be a good one. You want agents that appreciate the things you are doing for them so you can appreciate the things they are doing for you. Should be a 2-way street.

Finding out that Utah is a tough state as well

Finding out that Utah is a tough state as well

Yep, all the states are tough. My agents in Utah enjoy DM leads for $25 each. 20-30+ per week. Lead financing. These leads are mailed to ages 50-80, no PO Boxes, and have "life insurance" on them and also have "not affiliated with nor endorsed by the US Government, Federal Medicare program, nor any state agency. Life insurance underwritten by Senior Life Insurance Company, Thomasville, Ga."

We also have a terrific tele-sales platform. Also have TV leads ($34) , face book leads ($15), and leads where the prospect clicked the link on the company website to request a life insurance quote ($25). You and anyone else is welcomed to call me.

I know........shameless plug.

Back