Who is a Good Discount Card Provider?

I always stay away from them, not worth the headaches of people mixing up what IS health insurance and what is NOT health insurance....

Hi, I was looking for a heath discount card after speaking with the man and his wife that could not get health insurance. They could not or would not afford the Texas State default insurance that only pays me $50 5 months later.

I did look into a Dental discount cards last year for my mom and they work if you get a good one, except for non-standard procedures. Saved almost $2000 off for my mom’s $3000 dental work.

The reason a good dental discount card works is that dental providers have a dental code for most procedures. And a good dental card should have a maximum cost for about 300-400 plus of the codes.

I saw a lot of bad worthless dental cards out there too. If a card says, 20% off standard pricing that is a worthless card as all they have to do is increase the standard pricing. Google: ameriplan complaints.

So you need a very long list of procedures and maximums for doctor, hospitals, labs, urgent care centers for the card to do any good.

I just looked at some limited-medical plans training webinars. Most have some sort of discount health card with beech street discount lists or other network. One limited plan company had 2 types of health cards with different pricing or coverage. So I know they are out there and I know there are big differences between cards. Still looking to see if there is one good enough to sell or direct people too w/o the limited plan prices.

It seems like all you are paying for is the right to pay the contracted prices yourself. So the price of the card pays a small amount to beech street (or other contracted pricing company), the card company and the seller. It should not cost too much.

I drive by the Carrington Building all the time. Maybe I will pop in and see what they have. Oh, this is not good, their website says… No licensing requirement for discount health and lifestyle products. So Jake the plumber can sell them. But I am sure Jake knows and can explain the differences and level of coverage’s for health care.
Well, I just called Carrington and they don’t have a fee schedule for health care like the dental plans. I am not sure of the benefits to this card. I will wait for the information.

If you come across a stand-alone card from a major PPO like PHCS, CIGNA-GreatWest, etc.. let us know. I'll call a few medical providers to find out if the PPO price is honored for the card. TIA. -Allen

We have had a lot of success opening doors with the ParamountRX discount card. We give them out to individuals that do not have insurance and they save on there prescriptions instantly just by showing the card. One thing i would suggest is call the local pharmacies and do a market test yourself. Call a CVS and tell them you want to check the price of an RX and then call another and say you have ParamountRX. You will see the difference. Our agency has a great system for using this card along with other Niche Products.

Careington for one does use the PHCS network. Careington also has a fee schedule that tells the client what they will pay for many dental services. ex root canal to client 325, extraction to client 75, anesthesia/analgesia to client 25

One of the previous posters posted an accurate statement: The initial question merely determines what the topic of complaint will be by most of the respondents. People post generally to get answers not a lecture or hear you opine on why you think whatever product is insufficient and malevolent.

Last edited:
Back