Whole life cash value automatically adjusts in high interest rate environment?

@DHK You can record it as well. Let your people dissect our points. Any pub is good pub, right?

Thanks, but I'm not going to do that.

This information is meant one-on-one and that's how I'll keep it. I keep my blog and my other recordings based on the problems I'm trying to solve, not necessarily the tools I'm using to solve them.

If anybody wants to go through the numbers or concept in more detail, you can find nearly any podcast with Bryan Bloom, CPA the author of Confessions of a CPA: The Capital Equivalent Value of Life Insurance.

Here's a recent one:

Thanks, but I'm not going to do that.

This information is meant one-on-one and that's how I'll keep it. I keep my blog and my other recordings based on the problems I'm trying to solve, not necessarily the tools I'm using to solve them.

If anybody wants to go through the numbers or concept in more detail, you can find nearly any podcast with Bryan Bloom, CPA the author of Confessions of a CPA: The Capital Equivalent Value of Life Insurance.

Here's a recent one:

No worries...just giving you the option. I booked everything so we'll talk soon.

Reactions: DHK
Hello Forum,

I sold myself a whole life policy a few years back at a time when interest rate was almost near zero.

Now that interest rate has more than quadruple, will my whole life policy cash value accumulations automatically adjust to the higher interest rate or is my policy more or less locked into the old rates when the policy was first taken out several years ago ?

Is there something that I should do or request from the carrier so that I can take advantage of a higher interest rate environment? Maybe issuing myself a replacement policy that can take advantage of the current higher rates, not sure if people do that??

Thanks
Something tells me that you are going to be waiting a long time for a signficant change based on the Fed rates.

I just want someone to sell me on the idea of whole life, or really any life policy that has a cash component.

It seems like whenever I talk to an agent who sells these policies, they're not able to explain the value beyond 'trust me' and convoluted talk that I can't understand.

I'm all ears if you guys see value in these whole life products. .

Are you buying one from me if I explain it to where you can understand it?

Back