Why Ask for Two Leads at Closing; Ask for 130.

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
When I use to close a client I would say, "I just saved you $892, will you take these two business cards and give them to friends or Family and help feed my starving Family."- Roughly.

If I were to close now I would state, "I just saved you $892, will you post the email I just sent you on Facebook tonight."

The email would read- I just moved from Allhands, to Safemo and saved $892 without changing my coverage. My new agent is Shawn M. Walker and he can be reached at 720.335.3799. Give him a call to save.

The average person on Facebook has 130 friends.

Thoughts.

I did. Yes. I wanted to show Bama I am not here to push my group but to help agencies grow with good ideas. (including his)

How much success has this method had Shawn? Its an interesting concept, but I'm curious if it actually works. As an agency owner, did this work for you?

I was a manager and top Producer for the first two years of my Insurance career at one of the largest agencies in SLC. 12 years ago Facebook was not a thing. I moved on to the carrier side and do not sell policies anymore despite being licensed all these years, so I could not tell you how my sales have increased. I can tell you about the very positive feedback I have heard from numerous agencies I have shared this idea with over the years.

"Excellent idea!! I just closed a sale earlier today and after reading this post I emailed the lady letting her know I love referrals and if she loved what I gave her, could she simply post a quick note on her facebook. She said "ABSOLUTELY" I simply gave her 2 sentences to post along with my name and number! Worked like a charm! I am gonna start doing this with all my new clients!!

Obviously if they bought from me, they like me and the product and should have no problem making a quick post to facebook with my name and number. I love it!!! Thanks!"

"fyi: She just posted today about one hour ago and has already gotten 2 likes and one shared it one their page. Might be on to something here."

DJS- How do you ask for leads and referrals in your agency? As an agency owner what practices have you put in place in your agency to make this part of the sales/closing process?

Last edited:
I like the idea Shawn. Maybe throw in something to incentives them like a gift card.

If you send me proof that you posted my info on your facebook account saying to call cause I saved you money, i'll send you a $10 gift card.

With our new business package we mail out, the 1st page asks for the names of 3 friends or family that we can quote as well. We average 2 people off each sheet

Latest posts

Back