Why Do Suzie Orman and Dave Ramsey Trash WL So Much?

Thanks for the comments guys.
Writing that out makes it even clearer to me. I've had it loosely scripted in my head for several years.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Writing that out makes it even clearer to me. I've had it loosely scripted in my head for several years.

Guys I think we over did it. Scott's head will be so big that I may not be able to stay here in the same town with him. :laugh: But it was a great post.

Almost all of them that are just wanting small amounts ($10,000 to $50,000)

If they are young I sell them the large convertable term policies.

If they are older but want larger policies I recommend term or GUL although I mainly run into the $10,000 to $50,000 crowd.

I can promise you, when you hit on the things you have to do to follow Ramsey's plan, NO one wants to do that. It's good advice for young people to follow. It's impossible for 50+ year olds who are major in debt to see themselves ending up wealthy by retirement. They know they won't do what it takes.

Great posts J.S. :)

I've been on this board for four years now (and was on the one before it just before it went paws-up.)

I've read a lot of posts in the Life section of this venue.

This is easily the best and most useful "thing" I've ever seen posted here in all these years.

Wow, am I in agreement with al???

:swoon:

Excellent post Mr. Burke.

I don't remember the year, but it was less than 5 years ago. Ben Stein was speaking at a GAMA meeting and made a statement to the effect that people who live in trailer parks listen to Dave Ramsey, people who live or aspire to live on the 8th fairway in golf community list to their financial advisor.

Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves who we are dealing with. As long as I make the right recommendation to my client, I can sleep at night. Just make sure to get a decline letter signed when they reject WL.

Back