• Too busy

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I do cold call

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno. Everyone has a few hours a week of "nothing". If a new agent, or any agent, has nothing going on and they're pushing papers around or "planning" or doing some weak "networking" or "branding"", Rick Blaine over at Top Gun would call that activity "avoidance behavior." Is he wrong?

Not too likely that he's wrong, I've done it, who has'nt? However I found that I was most productive by setting hours for myself to be in the field along with an income goal for the week. If I had not hit the income goal I had to stay in the field, if I had hit the income goal on Monday, I still had to stay in the field until Thurs. noon. Disciplining self that way worked for me.

Boiler Room, Pursuit of Happyness. All convey brokers pounding the phones for biz. There was also an article somewhere posted on here not long ago about an advisor managing a $50 million dollar portfolio that acquired the lion's share of his clients initially through cold calls.

I wish someone teamed up with Frank to develop an FE script. He understands how to control the conversation i.e. asking questions you already know the question to.
How to enable them to recall if they have done any funeral preplanning yet whether through a life insurance policy or through a funeral home.
Lets see if we can get him to help us..

I wish someone teamed up with Frank to develop an FE script. He understands how to control the conversation i.e. asking questions you already know the question to.
How to enable them to recall if they have done any funeral preplanning yet whether through a life insurance policy or through a funeral home.
Lets see if we can get him to help us..

Most the folks you would be calling for FE are different than the folks for a Med Supp. That is why they claim it is easier to call for Supps and cross sell F.E. Folks on Medicaid will buy F.E. but obviously no supp. There is a reason why most are on Medicaid.

I used to run a P&C shop about 6 years ago. 80% of my business was referrals. I will share with you what I did. We took on carriers from A to F mostly catering to less then perfect and younger drivers. Wrote a ton with Unitrin and Victoria back then. I would go to all the american gamily, statefarms, allstates etc all the more preferred carriers and ask for referrals. Anytime they had a borrower that did not fit there mold they sent them to us. In return I would always send thank you cards with small gift or gift card I knew they liked. I always was in touch with them and it worked amazing! This was in AZ I was writing 10-15 policies per week on average. Just food for thought.

:yes:

That is not cold calling, that is networking. Networking is 100% more effective. That's why I don't cold call.

Trying to think the last time someone "cold called" me, and I bought, was happy with the purchase, continued buying from them, and referred others to them.

Oh, that would be NEVER. That's also why I don't cold call.

:yes:

That is not cold calling, that is networking. Networking is 100% more effective. That's why I don't cold call.

Trying to think the last time someone "cold called" me, and I bought, was happy with the purchase, continued buying from them, and referred others to them.

Oh, that would be NEVER. That's also why I don't cold call.

Most seniors are not like you, at least the ones who talk to me.

Giving "good phone" is not something everyone takes the time to learn. Have I ever mentioned that before?????

In my experience cold calling seniors is way more productive than "networking". Where does one network, in the prune isle at the grocery store? :laugh:

Back